Crank pulley on solid help

It may be time to hire a small set of bottles ( oxy/propane or oxy acet ) and get some real heat onto the hub , it will end up as scrap but it will be off . It's held on by rust I'd say just from the almighty struggle you had to get the unbolted pulley off, it's a slide fit normally , but you could just put the flywheel pin in and take a look at where the key is - should be at 12 o'clock .

cheers

Steveb

• Like 1

Once again guys, you have no idea how much all these comments and advice is appreciated..... Thank you !

Ok, we've tried what we could with what we've got.....

Tomorrow is another day ......

Too late, but that forcing screw looks under lubricated to me.

ALL forcing screws, no matter what they are forcing, should have both the female and male threads comprehensively lubricated with an Extreme Pressure lubricant before being assembled. As we are talking Land Rovers there should be some EP 90 around.

Without such lubricant, it doesn't matter how much leverage is used, a significant proportion is being wasted simply overcoming the friction in the thread. Oviously the greater the force being used the greater the thread friction losses.

Regards.

Daft question. the damper hasnt been secured with a roll pin or grub screw has it. At work if we had a pulley on a motor that was slipping, we'd drill and a hole and tap a thread in it to put a grub screw in or just push a roll pin in. it does appear very odd that the damper wont budge.

So then we thought of this......

11C68C00-42DE-48EF-9F75-B7A52BF8D47E.jpg

After offering it up we realised the bolts weren't going to be long enough as I could only get my hands on M8 X 70mm HT.

So, we got the angry grinder and took off the nose on the damper to allow it closer to the stuck damper.

Now, this little rusty flake doesn't mean a lot, but, it means the world to me because previously it was right against the timing belt casing..... Yes it could be that it's moving due to the vibration but to me I can see a crack of space between the damper and the rubber seal on the timing belt casing !!

460FB8C5-333D-4E23-9B5C-3A3C696FA3A5.jpg

• Like 1

Now who can say what the heck this is that's on the shaft??

I'll post a few pics later showing the final stages of it all..... I actually jumped about with joy :-)

Interesting thread, GREAT result and one to store up for later as I have pretty much the same engine...

Well done for being that patient. I'm sure I'd have been in a with a drill/grinder days ago!

• Like 1