Advice on building a bench...

Maverik

I thus commission and name this bench the"Maga" bench... May she ever hold my vice steady...

post-20087-0-62784700-1458417867_thumb.jpg

post-20087-0-76085200-1458417992_thumb.jpg

Main dimension fit fine but had missed the heating pump next to the boiler, so had to cut the single standing leg off the end, still in two minds as to put it back on or just beef up the top spar...

Will be using my new oxy acet burner to cut the top down tomorrow... whoop whoop (after a bit o practice mind... )

5mm box with 4 & 6mm angle... hmmmm heavy duty....

Top is cut and in place Just needs fixing down, cutting the plate was fun with the gas torch!

post-20087-0-82475800-1458503539_thumb.jpg

All fixed down to the floor. It's quite simply awesome. I load tested it by jumping up and down on the overhang... didn't budge :)

• Like 2

Managed to get the whole top done with the plate left over. Ironically I can cut plate straighter and cleaner free hand rather than using a guide! Two of the plates in place two smaller one at the far end to complete.

I've got a portamig 215amp lovely machine.

post-20087-0-90859200-1458593131_thumb.jpg

hmmm, the space is smaller than what I had previously, but I've improved the usable space so hopefully it will work! - failing that I'll be losing some detritus to my alternative storage area... (mates shed...)...

Plan for the weekend is to get some shelves put up... should be a bit more straight forward than building the mega bench!