Defender flooring

Hi all , I’ve got carpet in the footwells on the 110 and it’s ok in summer but when it’s wet it’s a PITA getting wet does anyone know of a firm that does a waterproof front mat ? I’ve know exmoor trim do a modular system but that’s £500 and it’s only the floors were the problem is the carpet on th seat box and tunnel is fine or does anyone know of something you can buy and cut to size .

cheers Ian 

Just be aware that stable mats being 15mm plus thick will affect the peddle travel....... ie break peddle may bottom out on the mat before you stop the motor!!! Same for other x2 peddles.

Whats wrong with the heavy duty rubber mats that are designed for the job, not overly cheap i know but good old ebay has a fare selection genuine or aftermarket.....

Think i got a pair for my 300Tdi under £40 with LR logo in one corner and are holding up well after a couple of years hard use.

I did look on eBay but as we all know some of the stuff on there isn’t as good as it looks in the pictures, so was looking for recommendations from people who had them . The back of the footwells ,seat box, gearbox tunnel and bulkhead bit are all soundproofed and carpeted , so it’s just the floor will have a look at the genuine mats and at Wright-off-road .

cheers all Ian 

No the mats are straight rubber no soundproofing, i just put them on top of the tunnel footwell mat.....

Not much point bothering with foam underneath as it's surprising it still gets wet under there any way plus it's a mud trap!!! Have to take mine out every so often to give it a clean/brush out and a whipe.

Cheers Mutley and James like the look of both of them but think I might try the Bearmach or britpart ones at that price James unless I can find a bargain somewhere. I do like the look of that modular matting Scott but as I’ve not long put the soundproofing and carpet down and with the other project still to do think I’ll go with the cheaper option for now and look at that a bit later.

cheers Ian 

10 minutes ago, Snagger said:

Why not find the leak and fix it?

If you are referring to me?.....

I'm the leak, keep climbing in and out with wet muddy boots, oh and x2 dogs that will do anything to go in water! And they ride in the front too!!!

• Haha 1

Same here we live in a rural area this time of year with tractors up and down on the side of the road mud everywhere even getting in and out to open and shut the gate on the way to work carpet gets wet and muddy, drivers side mat looks about buggered already .