12 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

image.jpeg.fbb1473812fe44850178251fbda34f75.jpeg

I do like heavy metal...

But this is getting ridiculous!!!

If any of you get to meet me your going to be so disappointed when you discover I'm just an average Joe........lol

Regards Stephen 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

Oops

20220613_113212.thumb.jpg.f199b448bec3f8635fdefe78988c058c.jpg

20220613_113219.thumb.jpg.330b031bd623adb2f6bd8b2cbd517e21.jpg

regards Stephen 

There aint much left of the original now.... best save your time and make new, save all that annoying plating, and gusseting  -looks like you already rebuilt the rear quarter, not much more to go ;) 

I am looking forwards to the jig.... that big a-frame you had has the steel in it.

Is that massive one in the centre a Hide Mallet ? 

I have a few that are similar - I have one the same as the one on the top left, above the copper mallet, but sadly the handle broke….

It was one of my Dad’s so I need to work out how to fit a new handle. 

6 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

I do like heavy metal...

But this is getting ridiculous!!!

If any of you get to meet me your going to be so disappointed when you discover I'm just an average Joe........lol

Regards Stephen 

I have met you, you don't look anything like Joe and your certainly not average. :ph34r: :hysterical:

However you've got work to do hope to it.......

Mike

2 hours ago, Anderzander said:

I’d support a patreon arrangement 😀

Really!! You guys

Would do no good even if I thought I was good enough because I simply do not like to charge forum members for what I consider reasonable costs, £1/ month definitely fits that bill

Another thing with "getting paid" is regular work contributions  and have to do's and for me that starts to take the fun out of it

I can afford it, you can enjoy it and we will all get a mog axle rest at the end of it

Thanks so much for your support, all, regards Stephen 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, elbekko said:

If you have the time and feel so inclined, I think a YouTube channel with this sort of fabrication would probably work very well.

Unless you secretly already have one and this is you :ph34r::

Very good, definitely not me lol

But on a different note, I have used a thermic lance ( shown in the first few seconds ) quite a few times, great for massive bits of steel, stainless steel and concrete if your inclined to do so

59 minutes ago, Anderzander said:

Lot of work to do a channel though - taking a few pictures is a minimal distraction, but setting cameras up and editing must take ages.

Nate on dirt lifestyle did explain that the video for his you tube channel does take an astronomical amount of time

Anyway I am a technological dinosaur and a Neanderthal hammer and chisel man, you guys need to realise how much of a technological jump it was for me to suss out posting on this forum, don't do any others, this one is enough, unless I go into full time embroidery........

Regards Stephen

• Like 3
  • Haha 1