Adventure Overland Show - Spring!

I had a pleasant surprise today when i discovered that a second Stratford-upon-Avon show is being run this year and it’s in just four weeks.

See http://www.adventureoverlandshow.net/adventure-overland-spring-show/

I don’t have any connection, just found it great to wander and look at different setups. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had a stand again. It was very successful. We also had a great time - my liver may recover

Best AO yet - finally less of the "charge what we like, some mug will pay" crowd, lots of bargains. Some great stuff. Superb social scene. We'll be back for the September

Our no expense spent site is at www.beardies.co.uk

• Like 1

We were day visitors but there was a huge turnabout for camping. No idea how many vehicles camping but probably a couple of hundred.

Plenty of people prepared to show their setups in the vehicle display area including several with the Alu-Cab Icarus roof that we are going for. Saw a campbulance with a horizontal rear door / picture window on big gas struts. It looks like a great idea.

I did check this thread whilst there but nothing on it so I’m afraid @honitonhobbit we didn’t see you. 

Edited by Peaklander

2 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Sad we couldn't make it but will try harder next time!

Likewise. Shall we organise a trip up in September? My mate from Derby who does lots of clever things with old canvas is hoping to make it too. He has much the same attitude as the Beardie crew by the sound of it. 

We should have some Sankeytastic wares to be flogging by then too :D

51 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I have a feeling we can't make September this year, something about some cars diving round in a circle :ph34r:

Oh a clash with Donington maybe? Are you expecting a monsoon?

4 hours ago, Peaklander said:

Oh a clash with Donington maybe? Are you expecting a monsoon?

Not quite, more like expecting jet-lag! :D Off to the F1 in that there Singapore.

Looking at the calendar we'd arrive home Monday and have 4 days back at work to dig the ambulance out & turn it around ready for the show... so technically possible but might not prove a universally popular idea :ph34r: we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...