R380 tunnel fitment

Any reason as to why the space between the R380 tunnel and the bulkhead? Originally a 19J engine retrofitted with 300tdi and r380. From what I can tell, seatbox was retrofitted for R380 as well. Any ideas of what i can use as a spacer so as to have bolts fitting level? Thanks.

IMG_20200718_103346.jpg

I assume you are referring for the mounting for the retrofit. I am not sure since i bought it retrofitted, but from what i see assume so. I do not follow what you exactly mean by not matching the gear lever hole. Sills are mounted correctly and seatbox too with all bolt holes matching.

• 3 weeks later...

If it matches the tunnel it's the right one !

Have you tried slackening the screws at the seatbox diaphragm and middle for diddling the tunnel ?

Otherwise its reducing the gap by shimming the bulkhead rearwards and resetting the wings, front panel, screen frame and door setting.

Have you got a picture of your door gaps ?

Or you could accept it's not right, put some penny washers under the screw heads and live with it.

HTH

Mo

I had this on my last build, my way round it was -

Remove the flange and fit some 5mm Vibromat soundproofing to the bulkhead and then use a 5mm neoprene seal on the flange and re -fit.... will give you an extra 8mm or so and also add some much needed soundproofing. Also the flange is flexible and will pull back more than you think.

Nidge