Ok Ok I'll Own Up - I Have Weighed The 90

Hybrid_From_Hell

Ho Hummmmmmmmm

Am playing about with 'suspension mods' at the mo, and have spent most of the weekend under the 90, and on it with spanners, calculator pen and paper...................

I can report that "Cunning Plan 1" did not work, :(

and have now put it all back togther, (with a few bits),

.........but will have to wait for some bits and make some bits before "Cunning Plan 2" starts. :blink:

I also have been playing with Trev (LR90) Superb Spring calculator on his web site, and obviously one of the key ingredients is the weight of the 90, along with all its bits and then the front and rear axle weights etc.

So, today I took the 90 for a spin to the Guildford Public weighbridge,

I did phone earlier and said :

"Oh Hi, can you confirm I can weigh my vehcile fully loaded & unloaded etc if I bring it in today ?"

"Yes sir, but we have a 30 tons weight limit".....

...........for a moment I thought it was a forumeer working there who had sussed it was me mi7.gif

Anyway....

Up to the weighbridge........

Spec for those unsure.

LR 90 4.5 (Eales) V8,

2x ARBs HD shafts,

strenghened Axle casings,

Front Steering Guard (Ali mi7.gif)

2x danbars

Full Cage (external Front Internal rear)

Hardtop,

Twin Hydraulic winches, VHD Winch Bumper :lol:

Huge 'thing' on the front MileMarker on the Back,

Plasma front and rear (well it keeps the weight down) mi7.gif

PTO Drive,

and Tank (35 litres) in the back,

sillbars,

Rear winch guard er 6mm plate

4x 34 simex Mach 5s plus spare in the back,

and a few other 'assorted bits' of metal work :rolleyes:

I also loaded on my spares box (grunt puff)

and Strops, KERRS shackles Highlift etc etc etc,

and even filled the tank too before getting on the scales....

So...what did the weight meter say : ?

heres the 90 getting on the weighbridge, ...........didn't hear it groan ? ...... mi7.gif

DSCF0447Medium.jpg

and then the nice man gave me the piece of paper just to prove the figures to you unbelivers :

90weight.jpg

Total Weight : 2280 KGs

Front Axle : 1160 KG

Rear Axle 1120 KG

Quite balanced considering !

But now to the springs with the axles almost matching on weight, having 175 Lbs front and 225 lbs rear make little sense....

More to think through and play.................. :(

So, considering Trevs (LR90) Truck cab, (canvass) and no cage winch etc comes in at 1900 KGs

I'm almost pleased mi7.gif

Standing by for the abuse ............. :rolleyes::o:(:angry::D

Nige

well that's only 100KG heavier than mine.

with a Diesel lump in place of the all Alloy V8

similar set up otherwise.

fully loaded inc ground anchor/spares etc.

which account for 150kg altogether

mi7.gif

Is that a compliment or a Pi$$ take, suprise or pot kettle black syndrome mi7.gif

praise or the sound of glass shattering from a rock being thrown mi7.gif

What have I started here !

Nige mi7.gif

Nige,

That’s not bad ….. I would have thought it would have been heavier than that ………............... including the driver :lol::lol::lol:

Ian :ph34r:

90 V8EFI TruckCab

Torque wins races ……. BHP sells cars……….and there’s no substitute for cubic inches.

does someone know where i can weight my car in London (living close to London Bridge)

would really love to know how much mine weights

steff

Have a peek at :

http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/sccwebsite/sccw...ns?opendocument

http://www.local.uk.com/local/weighbridges...ted-kingdom.htm

Nige

Thought I saw you today Nige.. B)

Firstly along Ladymead and then on the Guildford - Normandy road.

And if I knew you were gonna come into my work depot.... I'd have made the effort to be there just to witness the magnificent occasion!

Just out of interest, how much do they charge for members of the public to weigh their vehicles?? :rolleyes:

Cheers

Mark

Hello Doyley, didn't know you work there, sorry, turned up 5 days a week there :D

Considering the in / on / off / out empty kit / on back / front (and they were very very helpful too), it was £8

Worth it tho :rolleyes:

Also amazing what the spares ropes hilift snatch blocks etc etc add up too !

Yep twas me at ladymead !....

Nige

Well, it wasn't actually you I saw... I just saw some deep tracks in the tarmac along Ladymead and assumed you must have been past there at some stage! :D:P

Hello Doyley, didn't know you work there, sorry, turned up 5 days a week there 

Many a true word etc....

Mark

I did phone earlier and said :

"Oh Hi, can you confirm I can weigh my vehcile fully loaded & unloaded etc if I bring it in today ?"

"Yes sir, but we have a 30 tons weight limit".....

...........for a moment I thought it was a forumeer working there who had sussed it was me  mi7.gif

PMSL! mi7.gif

My exact thought as I was reading it.....

How much does a Sankey trailer weigh? Mine weighs 2500kg on the weighbridge at the local quarry, with an empty Sankey on the back.

...and I seem to remember about 3800kg with a full Sankey on the back but we won't dwell on that as it might be seen as a "slight" overload of a 3/4 ton trailer :ph34r:

Steve,

you've been in the 90, and I was (and still am) in running in mode.....and it wasn't exactly "tardy" then at limited rpm....

Can you imagine what this engine was like in a 1250 kg comp safari racer.... ?

... I met the 1st owner of said the other day, .......who explained it came 'on the market' after he "gave it a squirt" through some trees at a comp safari, .....and wrote his motor (and underpants) off as a result......

Even at 2280 kgs the power to weight aint too bad, as the chav at Woodbridge road who thought it would be "Cool" to cut up some old landy found out :D

1 engine and now 2 sets of underpants (not mine I add) is not a bad score :D

Nige

I have indeed :)

I should think in something half the weight the previous owner of the engine would, to coin a phrase, have "discovered that fear was brown and lumpy" :lol::ph34r:

Why don't you buy a Westfield and put it in that? M&S do bargain packs of underwear, 5pr for about £12 IIRC :lol:

mine went for its swiss MOT the other day and had to be weighed as it is classed as a delivery vehicle - with me in it (85kgs) its 3290kg!!! :o

The back section literally must weigh a ton! The water tanks are half full and the fuel tanks almost empty,

theres some camping stuff, roof tent and tools inside too. It handles well though as all the weight is very low

down, although if I had the time/facilities to design my own 130 I'd never make it so massively heavy....

:unsure:

tom

Guest diesel_jim

I got my 90 weighbridged when i had to have it SVA'd, with full external cage, all my tools, i chucked in a couple of jerrycans (full!) and my ground anchors,shackes etc, and 8274 and BRB bar up front, it came to about 2600kg all told. i don't travel that often with all that cr@p in the back, but i know what sort of load i'm lugging about when i do! :D