Making my own main loom/harness

monkie

I think with good planning, you can eliminate a lot of them in most cars I've seen. I think they are mostly for the convenience of the manufacturers. My point is that I chose to use mainly econoseal and superseal on my rebuild and they were not cheap. I fitted connectors where LR had. I think you can easily loose the connectors to the engine harness and chassis harness. In my experience the superseal connectors aren't great with thicker 17amp wires even when using the wider rubber seals. 

I.e. at the wings and lights just leave the cables in a small loop a little bit longer. That's the place, where you can cut them if necessary. A lot of the connectors i didn't need to separate in 35 years til restoration

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Anderzander said:

Does anyone know where I could get some of the clips/mounts for superseal connectors ? I’ve started fitting them and in a couple of places it would be nice to not have the connector loose. 

3waycomponents sell them on ebay, here - High Quality Superseal Mounting Panel Clip For Use With AMP Superseal 1.5 Series