X-Eng Challenge

JST

Well that was a long mo sorry! In the middle of the photo loading I got called out on a cave rescue and have only just got back in.

So anyway here are a few pics from me. Don't know names of all the crews but you will know your selves for sure..

P1010159.jpg

P1010161.jpg

Cleaning the slurry out of the gully!

P1010164.jpg

P1010169.jpg

P1010173.jpg

P1010175.jpg

P1010177.jpg

Wing rails next then Lardy!

P1010191.jpg

P1010193.jpg

P1010195.jpg

You dropped somthing Tony

P1010199.jpg

Looks like you all had a good day out :)

Who's is the Nato green 90 truckcab with the gigglepin twin motor (it looks that way in the photos)? Nice looking truck with an interesting cage design, I'd like to see how the front hoop attaches to the chassis through the wings. Does anyone know any more about it?

This one

Lewis :)

Looks like you all had a good day out :)

Who's is the Nato green 90 truckcab with the gigglepin twin motor (it looks that way in the photos)? Nice looking truck with an interesting cage design, I'd like to see how the front hoop attaches to the chassis through the wings. Does anyone know any more about it?

This one

his name is simon elvins he is from bristol i,ll find out what he did with his cage

Tony/Jase yep 40 was the water

Mark - yep 39 the one up the hill

i found a winch sail when clearing on sat, its a bit b***ered in that that top loops are warn through, i think its prob Kris', it is repariable, so do you want it back?

It cant be Kris's coz he doesn't own a winch sail! I Wonder who's it might be :angry: I used to have some till I lent them too a "mate"!

I thought it was you when it pulled up

No, Not me, but I think most of the vehicle used to be mine. I sold it to somebody in Hereford over a year ago.

The cage is the one I built and the rear tub with the gas tank in looks the same. Has anybody got any more pictures of it please?.

Yes ,Shaun Houghton is the owner of the yellow 90 V8 , He bought from Ebay, paid something like 2.5 k for it .

It was his first event and he was more than happy to come away with 1st in his class.He also had his fair share of problems with a rope snapping , (I think I saw Bish splicing it together for him) , and winch problems .

I have been told by Shaun he will deffo be back for more .

Lewis , Simons (Nato 90) cage has internal braces from the chassis outriggers to a pick up point through the wing IIRC I think he Triangulated the internal brackets back to the bulkhead , Middle hoop is braced through the tub to the chassis (Me and Bush Doctor did that bit ) He made it so that he could lift it off without to much fuss if needs were.

Scrutineering Reminder.

Some of you did NOT have the correctly rated equipment for this event, to that end i have annoted those with the discrepencies and you will NOT be permitted to compete if the issues are not rectified in future events. i feel that sending you the list of what you will be scrutineered on upto a month before the event should give you sufficient time to get together all the bits and pieces that are required.

Paul, no its not Pauls. it sounds like it was Steves' that was lent to Kris. do you want it back before i either burn it or affect some BDR and keep it as a spare?

How did you guys feel competing against a twin motor 8274?

Was the speed impressive, would you say it was a definite advantage? Did they have any breakdowns that you know of, stuff like that. Any thoughts or opinions would interest me

Thanks

Was the speed impressive, would you say it was a definite advantage? Did they have any breakdowns that you know of, stuff like that. Any thoughts or opinions would interest me

Thanks

One of them broke down. :P

Chris

Thanks

simon (the one who had the twin motor ) said he did not notice much of a difference in speed but it did drain his optima batteries down very quickly because of his 65 ish amp altenator . (one modification starts the problem for something else to be modified)