Britpart shocks and GB parabolics

Cornish Rattler

On 2/13/2021 at 6:47 PM, Cornish Rattler said:

Yeah I've decided to go for a full set of pro comps now so that's next payday sorted :)

When they arrive chuck them straight in the skip. Will save you the time and effort fitting them and then removing them when the chrome has rusted off within weeks. I made the mistake of buying some 15 years ago, lasted a matter of months.

I may try either Monroe or Britpart Cellular Dynamic on my series with Rocky Mountain Parabolics next. I fitted Cellular Dyanmics on my 90 two years ago as a stopgap as Bilsteins were out of stock and they were uncharacteristically excellent, so much so I haven’t actually fitted the Bilsteins to it yet!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, oneandtwo said:

When they arrive chuck them straight in the skip. Will save you the time and effort fitting them and then removing them when the chrome has rusted off within weeks. I made the mistake of buying some 15 years ago, lasted a matter of months.

I may try either Monroe or Britpart Cellular Dynamic on my series with Rocky Mountain Parabolics next. I fitted Cellular Dyanmics on my 90 two years ago as a stopgap as Bilsteins were out of stock and they were uncharacteristically excellent, so much so I haven’t actually fitted the Bilsteins to it yet!

Ok is there anyone on here that is using the BP cellular Dynamic's on thier series 🙂

On 2/19/2021 at 12:59 PM, Cory said:

I have BP cellular Dynamics fitted in the rear of my 109 Station Wagon with GB Springs 4 leaves.   

I hope to drive it out of the garage this spring.  Haven't driven on them yet but they fit nicely. 

Yeah there seems to be a lot of good and bad reviews on the procomp's and not much reviews with the BP dynamics as they seem to be quite new for series and have only seen one ( good ) review but that was on a defender but I am swaying towards the dynamics now :)

Cornish,

I was in the same boat.  I read all the reviews and ProComp do not seem that great.  Plus every time I see the plastic/rubber boot on shocks drives me crazy!! :)  

The BP Cells have a nice metal cover over the end of the shock.  Looks real classy.  I uploaded a video on you tube about BP Cells, Monroe Shocks and tie rods. Search for "Land Rover Series Rust Repair Part 36" by conrad1468.

I don't know if i am allowed to post links.

52 minutes ago, Cory said:

Cornish,

I was in the same boat.  I read all the reviews and ProComp do not seem that great.  Plus every time I see the plastic/rubber boot on shocks drives me crazy!! :)  

The BP Cells have a nice metal cover over the end of the shock.  Looks real classy.  I uploaded a video on you tube about BP Cells, Monroe Shocks and tie rods. Search for "Land Rover Series Rust Repair Part 36" by conrad1468.

I don't know if i am allowed to post links.

Ok thanks Cory 👍

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 8:16 AM, youngengineer said:

I made a thread about this last year. I fitted quality GME parabolics (Made in UK) and britpart shocks. I was extremely dissapointed. The ride quality was only marginaly softer then the rusted 40 year old leafs they replaced.

In the end they did soften up but again compared to a coiler its horrific.

I never dug deeper but one thing I did notice was that the Britpart shocks dampen only on the return and not the compression. The stock shocks dampened in both directions, which I assume would actually provide a worse ride.

It would be interesting to see what your results are without shocks fitted.

I recommend cutting off half off the front bump stops as mine were bottoming out on speed bumps.

Sorry its taking so long ( still waiting for my rear disc brake conversion to arrive ) was originally told it would be 2 weeks and have landy stripped down ready but upto now its taken 5 weeks so hopfully if they arrive next week as they have promised i can fit them and plan a trip to paddocks 90 mile round trip to give landy a run, test landy with all 4 shocks removed and buy a full set of bp cellular dynamics then i can report back about how the rid was without shocks fitted 🙂

Pic of new rear shocks with old shocks, when fully closed the old shocks measure 14" end to end and when fully open they measure 211/2" end to end.

The new shocks when fully closed measure 16" end to end and when fully open they measure 241/2" end to end.

I don't have the old fronts off yet but i am swapping them over at the weekend so can do a compare them then and let you know the measurments 🙂

20210304_100739.jpg

Edited by Cornish Rattler