Crankshaft spigot removal - I can't believe this worked!

Doesn't work on a 300Tdi crank - the bearing sits against a shoulder inside the crank, so there is no rear exposed surface for the hydraulic action to work on. In the end after trying all the text book ways of doing it, I think collapsed it inwards using a brass drift. Being sintered, the bearing is softer than the brass.

That's interesting, I know the cranks are different part numbers but there is a shoulder in the 200Tdi as well. You can see it in my last picture. 

Maybe it doesn't sit flush up against it in a 200Tdi?

If it's not too tight, you can use wet paper rags as well. Just keep stuffing shreds of soaked paper in and hammering in a punch until it comes out. Compared to grease or bread, the water will leak out faster, so not ideal if it's properly stuck and takes time to persuade. But it is something you always have at hand, so usually the first thing I try.

19 hours ago, monkie said:

That's interesting, I know the cranks are different part numbers but there is a shoulder in the 200Tdi as well. You can see it in my last picture. 

Maybe it doesn't sit flush up against it in a 200Tdi?

Yes, I saw that, my crank seemed to have a much more pronounced shoulder. I did try grease, wet paper towel and bread but nothing would shift it.