1986 what's this plug?

This has all those colours on:

http://militarylightweight.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Fig 139 Circuit Diagram 12v model.jpg

Green/light green is to do with the flasher, purple is constant live, green/white is indicator.

Reckon it is for the hazard switch, think it was an optional extra on series vehicles, has your got a hazard switch?

Lucas wiring colours were pretty consistent for many years.

1 hour ago, miketomcat said:

I've got a feeling I have one like this on our 110 but it only has something like two pins connected.

Found a pic but I'm not sure it's the same now.

IMG_20200517_114942.thumb.jpg.25c5eba0bb1d5d832e287410cb005b84.jpg

Mike

I have this plug also, mine had one for the handbrake white/yellow being used but the others are blank like this.

I'll have a better look tomorrow and see if the wires go through to the plug inside. 

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

This has all those colours on:

http://militarylightweight.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Fig 139 Circuit Diagram 12v model.jpg

Green/light green is to do with the flasher, purple is constant live, green/white is indicator.

Reckon it is for the hazard switch, think it was an optional extra on series vehicles, has your got a hazard switch?

Lucas wiring colours were pretty consistent for many years.

Mine is a coil sprung, the hazard is on the right below the steering wheel.

My guess would be for auxiliary warning lights, like low fuel (purple), trailer indicator warning (light greens) or for some auxiliary options - plain green tends to be 12v feed on the first ign switch position I (associated with stereo and instruments) and plain white live feed on position II (engine ign on), associated with ignition coils or fuel solenoids.

From memory, purple wires are also associated with courtesy lights and the horn, though I can’t remember trace colours for those.  Green with a coloured stripe is associated with tail lights or indicators.

13 hours ago, chuff said:

Mine is a coil sprung, the hazard is on the right below the steering wheel.

Yep, appreciated, but that is what the colour codes show, and won't have changed between leaf and coil sprung.

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said, wiring colours are a clue - green is dashboard instruments (ignition switched live & fused), purple is fused battery live for accessories, etc.. depending where the polug is it could be for the optional instruments etc. in the centre of the dash.

Incidentally, from your first picture, you need to cover up that brown wire with the bare terminal on the end - ideally heat-shrink a bare female connector over the end - otherwise you've got an un-fused battery live wire knocking around just waiting to start a fire - ask Nige about how that goes.

On 4/24/2022 at 6:52 PM, chuff said:

4X dark green

2x light green/white

2x light green/dark green

1x white

2x purple

Green = fused live (live when ignition switich is on) - trace back to the fuse box to see which fuses they come from

Light green/white = Oil pressure sender

Light green/green = Oil temperature sender

Purple = fused permanent live - trace back to the fuse box to see which fuses they come from

Do you have oil pressure and oil temperature gauges fitted? If not then it is probably just a connector for a different model with a few more bells and whistles.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 10:56 PM, monkie said:

Green = fused live (live when ignition switich is on) - trace back to the fuse box to see which fuses they come from

Purple = fused permanent live - trace back to the fuse box to see which fuses they come from

@monkie has it right - per this diagram and a few similar - item 70 & 71 / 80 + 81:

def_early_4cyl_petrol.png

On 5/11/2022 at 10:56 PM, monkie said:

Do you have oil pressure and oil temperature gauges fitted? If not then it is probably just a connector for a different model with a few more bells and whistles.

Oil pressure & oil temp gauges were a extra cost option when new, as a working vehicle LR decided to add them into the option list, so the wiring from engine bay to cab/instruments connections was provided, therefore it was a easy fit to ad the gauges when ordered. 

• 4 weeks later...