SLRC Seven Sisters September 24/25

Escape

How many times did you at least mutter '...numpty...' to yourself?  :D

Can confirm, that bit is very, very steep, I didn't go in there :)

I've seen a technique where you stick a stood up spare wheel under the winch rope near the bogged vehicle, as you winch it helps to lift the vehicle out, not sure it fits with your safety protocol though... or of it would have worked here.

Bet you were glad to get home after all that.

1 minute ago, Bowie69 said:

I've seen a technique where you stick a stood up spare wheel under the winch rope near the bogged vehicle, as you winch it helps to lift the vehicle out, not sure it fits with your safety protocol though... or of it would have worked here.

I've seen it done and it works well! I can't see why it would be against any safety rules! 

Fridge, is that the bit that drops off to the left as you go into the washing machine area? 

Thanks for the pics JU!

15 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

We used the spare wheel like that trying to get Mouse out of a swamp in Ladoga. A tip from the local recovery crew I think, worked pretty well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

That was tried & failed, the suction on it & lack of recovery points rendered a lot of perfectly good recovery techniques useless :angry:

1 hour ago, landroversforever said:

Fridge, is that the bit that drops off to the left as you go into the washing machine area? 

Nope, opposite side, other waterfall, the bit they're stuck in is the stream that feeds the waterfall so riiiiight up the top of a really horrible section, winches & lockers needed to get up there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

That was tried & failed, the suction on it & lack of recovery points rendered a lot of perfectly good recovery techniques useless :angry:

Nope, opposite side, other waterfall, the bit they're stuck in is the stream that feeds the waterfall so riiiiight up the top of a really horrible section, winches & lockers needed to get up there.

At least we now understand the sudden interest in finally fitting the H14. :SVAgoaway:

Mike

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

That's a gnarly section, I remember us having a moment there in Mouse many years ago. I get your "recovery from hell" text now :blink:

2 hours ago, miketomcat said:

At least we now understand the sudden interest in finally fitting the H14. :SVAgoaway:

You're not wrong - it was as much as we could do to get Arran's lockered-and-winched D2 up there with a D1 trayback that was already there acting as 2nd winch. With Ash's truck out of action from Saturday, the list of folks we could reasonably expect to get up there AND with a winch was quite small. So yes, I was *really* missing the 109 and it did make me think about finally getting a winch on there as I reckon the H14 would've helped a lot - we were about ready to start pulling on random bits and take the POS out in pieces if we had to :ph34r:

I must try and get there next time. I love looking at the pictures and trying to remember where that bit was/is, then working out how much it's changed.

Fridge, remind me to show you guys a little trick I've been working on using a kinetic rope attached to a winch. It works so well I'm teaching it the SARS boys. Excellent for lower speed winches and big stucks

• Like 2