Buying 2008 110 pick up

ROBBIE9999

Hello Lads, excited to join forum 

Can I get some help on questions 

1. What puma motor is in the 2008 110 pick ups ? 2.2 or 2.4 ? 

2. Can the stock wheel arches be painted body color I believe there hard plastic ? 

3. What size is the original steering wheel diameter ? 

4. The VIN does not tell me what options it came with is there some site I can check that shows what it came with ? 

1. 2008 will be a 2.4, the 2.2 was used from 2012 on

2. yes, depending on the version they will be black or painted from the factory. I much prefer black.

3. somebody with a Puma will need to measure

4. as far as I know, Land Rover, like most manufacturers, does not link options to the VIN. Nowadays you're lucky to even get the engine and gearbox from the VIN! You could file a request with LR, but not sure how eager they will be to share the info. 

4 - If you share the VIN number with me by PM I can let you know the details Land Rover hold on the build options that are saved in Microcat. Experience tells me this is either a huge amount of information or practically nothing!

Wow Mate Thank you !!!!!    Here are the pics of the arches I want to paint them same color as body and the roof black, the steering wheel is massive I will replace, also I am looking to sell out the motor and transmission if anyone is interested it has exactly 59000KM ZERO ISSUES AT ALL. 

I swap my cars to LS3 even my grass mower has a LS3, if I could fit a LS3 in my toaster trust me lads I would, but lets see if it really is smart to do so

@L19MUD👊

@@Happyoldgit

PHOTO-2023-01-12-03-31-18.jpg

PHOTO-2023-01-12-03-31-28.jpg

Edited by ROBBIE9999
  • Like 1

Steering wheel looks standard. If it were a standard XS wheel it would have a sort of mock airbag bulge in the middle. Easy enough to swap those wheel arches for shiny paintable ones [ones on the truck look like the standard matt textured type.

Submit some more posts [20 I think] then you can legitimately advertise the engine for sale in the classifieds on here.

8 hours ago, ROBBIE9999 said:

@bishbosh Can you please give me some insight into what I will need to be looking at ?  I am also watching the video's on remapping of the 2.4 motor and the difference it makes. 

I would say this is a subjective question as views will differ.

Axle wise it is going to worth considering upgrading Diffs, halfshafts, CV's and drive members. Take a look at the Ashcroft transmissions site to get an idea on uprated parts that are most commonly used for competing using large tyres.

After that it is going to be down to what transfer box and gearbox you use behind the LS

On 1/18/2023 at 8:13 AM, ROBBIE9999 said:

I swap my cars to LS3 even my grass mower has a LS3, if I could fit a LS3 in my toaster trust me lads I would, but lets see if it really is smart to do so

You might get some pointers from:

https://www.defendersource.com/

It's based our side of the Atlantic and it seems that quite a lot of LS3 swaps are discussed there.

Mike