Is Kam producing again?

Wytze

Good evening all,  

As per titel...  I looked up the drive flange's Did find them at Maltings.  They allso list 4.75 and 4.10 ratio crown and pinion set's for the rover axle..    

But, i thought the went bust?  On my 109 i have the Kam look alikes.  The are a bit crapp😁   After 20.000 km they get sloppy.  Would like the same but better ones?  Because the front is early, and the rear is late.    Thank you if you could let me know😁

Did some more searching.  There are two companies that say , selling Kam stuff..   But...   Are they not just the Brit****e/terrafirma one's?    Thinking, just order two set's from Ashcroft, and be done with that problem...  😁

I hadn’t heard anything about them restarting, though it’d be great news if they have.  Might be some old stock that is being sold through those who bought it all up, like Nige.

Is it the drive flanges that you are looking for, or the gears?

1 hour ago, Snagger said:

I hadn’t heard anything about them restarting, though it’d be great news if they have.  Might be some old stock that is being sold through those who bought it all up, like Nige.

Is it the drive flanges that you are looking for, or the gears?

It's the flanges,  because i can use them on both , front and rear axle..  The ones i have now, look like the Kam ones.  And on the allmakes website it states that they come with a 1200 mile warrenty😅   I'm well over that...And that show's , there is a lot of play on the splines. 

The 3.8 or 4.1 gears would be great...but all i could see are the Rover axle gear sets.  

Edited by Wytze

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

So, double Britpart's quality then?

thats a fair shout,

3 minutes ago, Wytze said:

Recent stuff?  If you don't mind me asking? 

well, they were bought when they were trading still, although it would have been 7/8 years ago at a guess

4 minutes ago, RedLineMike said:

thats a fair shout,

well, they were bought when they were trading still, although it would have been 7/8 years ago at a guess

That's not good😅😅   

5 minutes ago, RedLineMike said:

in fact, they made it from the top carpark at walters, down the gate keeper in the river bed at the JLR rocks & broke the rear R&P in the gate keeper, aprox 20 minutes on site 😤

That's not even doing very stupid stuff.  You must have said.... well.. darn😬

I still run the KAM 4.75 crown wheel and pinions since 2002. survived everything I threw at it, with a pegged diff housing.

I have to say the standard drive members which were bought new at the time are doing very well too. I don't run the upgraded drive members, as this could act as the sacrificial part in my drive train, and could be changed in 10min. I always carry a spare but never used it.

Daan

9 minutes ago, Daan said:

I still run the KAM 4.75 crown wheel and pinions since 2002. survived everything I threw at it, with a pegged diff housing.

I have to say the standard drive members which were bought new at the time are doing very well too. I don't run the upgraded drive members, as this could act as the sacrificial part in my drive train, and could be changed in 10min. I always carry a spare but never used it.

Daan

Thank's Daan...   I must say, it doesn't help that mine is on 35's    Just bought these, because they would fit on both axle's.    Would just buy the Real Kam one's, if they are the real one's .   Order 5 of them, And i would allway's get home, that way.  The Terra Firma one's do wear out fast.  

• western changed the title to Is Kam producing again?
2 hours ago, landroversforever said:

As far as I can remember, KAM was bought out by Terrafirma/Allmakes.... but they only chose to keep certain product lines running. 

In a mild steel quality😅

Old KAM and new KAM are very different IMHO

Kam was sold to Terrafirma

Terrafirma Bought by Allmakes

Allmakes now bought by Britpart

Old KAM stuff is quality and now rare as stopped circa 2010 ish, often manufacturing of the same product switch to another cheaper maker.

I have bought up pretty much all of the old KAM stock that allmakes didn't want, the new KAM Locker is nowhere near as good in terms of design strength and spares avaiableity as an Ashlocker.

Ashcroft end flanges are very good, I know where made (same as their shafts etc) and I am not allowed to say, but shafts and CVs CW&P are again IMHO the best available

Nige

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hybrid_From_Hell said:

Old KAM and new KAM are very different IMHO

Kam was sold to Terrafirma

Terrafirma Bought by Allmakes

Allmakes now bought by Britpart

Old KAM stuff is quality and now rare as stopped circa 2010 ish, often manufacturing of the same product switch to another cheaper maker.

I have bought up pretty much all of the old KAM stock that allmakes didn't want, the new KAM Locker is nowhere near as good in terms of design strength and spares avaiableity as an Ashlocker.

Ashcroft end flanges are very good, I know where made (same as their shafts etc) and I am not allowed to say, but shafts and CVs CW&P are again IMHO the best available

Nige

Thank you Nige..    Ashcroft it is, then😁