Projects for 2024

😂 I’m just trying to trick him into starting the RR 😊

Seriously though - They do generate never ending lists, my 90 is certainly generating jobs faster than I can get them done …. but it’s drivable

….and I was thinking John’s 109’s been rewired and what not and seems to have come back into being ready to go - the ambulance has successfully done some chunky trips ..  so could they stand being ignored for a bit in favour of the RR.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anderzander said:

😂 I’m just trying to trick him into starting the RR 😊

Seriously though - They do generate never ending lists, my 90 is certainly generating jobs faster than I can get them done …. but it’s drivable

….and I was thinking John’s 109’s been rewired and what not and seems to have come back into being ready to go - the ambulance has successfully done some chunky trips ..  so could they stand being ignored for a bit in favour of the RR.

I keep pointing out to him that just fitting a big electric winch makes far more sense than messing about with hydraulic. Especially as in his words "I've barely needed a winch so far". He could have it sorted in a weekend instead of messing about for months. In fact if @FridgeFreezer were to fit an electric motor to a H14........ :stirthepot:

Mike

It's not just about having a winch, especially if you rarely used, it's about the build of a winch you really want. I need to go that way as well, not looking forward to the process (especially rebuilding the burned out Milemarker I took apart 5 years ago and barely remember where all the parts are...) but very much looking forward to using it if I ever get it running. 😉

I must admit I have though about throwing a leccy winch on Tommy, just because it would be so easy and cheap to do.

6 hours ago, miketomcat said:

I keep pointing out to him that just fitting a big electric winch makes far more sense than messing about with hydraulic. Especially as in his words "I've barely needed a winch so far". He could have it sorted in a weekend instead of messing about for months. In fact if @FridgeFreezer were to fit an electric motor to a H14........ :stirthepot:

Mike

Telling John it makes sense is probably the reason he won’t do it; how does owning not one, but two 4.6 v8s ever makes sense to, well, anyone?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Daan said:

Telling John it makes sense is probably the reason he won’t do it; how does owning not one, but two 4.6 v8s ever makes sense to, well, anyone?

It's about to be 3...

Anyway, my daily is a nice sensible supercharged Mini :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Daan said:

True, it should be at least four :SVAgoaway:

• Like 1

Carry on undoing previously badly done repairs to 200tdi, replace seized A frame bushes, get the bloody thing through an MOT so I can set fire to the family passat and toast marshmallows on the resulting conflagration. passat has an intermittent battery drain, 5 effing days of testing and can't find a problem (no its not the alternator (new genuine part) or the battery (new yuasa) nor any of the earths or broken wire), but best of all I need to fully recover from the 4x3mm spiky kidney stones that decided to migrate from my left kidney to my bladder just before Christmas (morphine/assorted opiates REALLY helped with that, A&E consultant has stolen my description (trying to urinate an angry  herd of hedgehogs wearing hobnail boots and crampons...)

Did I mention torching the family Passat? selling tickets for that one. I really hate that car, especially after its recent unscheduled alternator disassembly in the middle of bloody nowhere just over the crest of a blind bend (adrenaline is brown and smelly), not to mention the 8.5hour wait for the RAC to arrive.

Find a newer family hack

Edited by JeffR

22 minutes ago, JeffR said:

4x3mm spiky kidney stones

I've only had the displeasure of one 3mm kidney stone, and I'm not jumping at the chance to get another one, I'll tell you that.

The look of the A&E nurse when I told her I hadn't taken any painkillers was priceless though...

2 minutes ago, elbekko said:

I've only had the displeasure of one 3mm kidney stone, and I'm not jumping at the chance to get another one, I'll tell you that.

The look of the A&E nurse when I told her I hadn't taken any painkillers was priceless though...

You don't wanna know how it feels when two of the bar stewards get locked together as they attempt to exit ones bladder........

• Sad 1

My plans for 2024 are to put more focus on the Land Rover and associated projects as it has been all over the place before.

So the projects are:

• Getting the 90 through MOT
  • Build a cubby box
  • Build a roofrack
  • Design a trailer to go along with it
  • Be more active here

3 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

It's about to be 3...

Anyway, my daily is a nice sensible supercharged Mini :ph34r:

I'll see you. 5 TDV8's and 2 Supercharged Mini Copper S's :hysterical:

I need to get a life.

1 hour ago, Simon_CSK said:

I need to get a life.

Nah, I've seen "normal" people, they scare me. Far better off in the shed!

Oh I forgot to add one for 2024: A hell of a lot of dicking about with my new 3D printer as well as getting better at using my 2023 major purchase of a small Warco mill.

Having had easy access to a 3D printer at the old office I didn't realise how many things I would find myself thinking "Oh I could just 3D print a thing...", there's a whole slew of projects that have been waiting for its arrival.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Nah, I've seen "normal" people, they scare me. Far better off in the shed!

Oh I forgot to add one for 2024: A hell of a lot of dicking about with my new 3D printer as well as getting better at using my 2023 major purchase of a small Warco mill.

Having had easy access to a 3D printer at the old office I didn't realise how many things I would find myself thinking "Oh I could just 3D print a thing...", there's a whole slew of projects that have been waiting for its arrival.

I never said I wasn't normal. Normal is a bit like average it is all encompassing.