Ashcroft transmissions.

After a bit of advice,

who’s brought a box from Ashcroft can you talk me Thu it in sending and receiving old and new box,

when you buy a gear box from Ashcroft transmission you pay for gear box plus surcharge think it’s called vat bla bla bla

is sending the old one back part of their price do they arrange to pick it up when new one is delivered?

1 minute ago, Bowie69 said:

When you go to buy it, they give you all the options to pay for collection etc. 

But you could try ringing them. 

Yeah but I’m just trying to work out the return of my old box 

if I’m honest might be wort me driving down there take mine buy the other 

Last transfer box I bought from Ashcroft, it came in a TNT transit box stillage, for return of old box I called Ashcroft & they arranged return labels & TNT to collect the stillage, I had to leave it accessible for a pallet trolley to move it from my path to the truck. 

He’s on holiday till next week. When you purchase, you select the UK option and are charged for their carriage. For the return, I see what @western wrote but you need to cover the cost.

I drove there and handed over my T box, picked up a recon one that was ready for me. I also passed them a front diff and they fitted an ATB diff, again this had been arranged and the work scheduled for that day. They gave me it back a little later that morning.

It was cheaper to drive there and back, rather than pay for carriage for two items there and back. 

2 hours ago, Green200tdi said:

After a bit of advice,

who’s brought a box from Ashcroft can you talk me Thu it in sending and receiving old and new box,

when you buy a gear box from Ashcroft transmission you pay for gear box plus surcharge think it’s called vat bla bla bla

is sending the old one back part of their price do they arrange to pick it up when new one is delivered?

Its quite simple, things like gearboxes have a surcharge. If doing this online, you pay the surcharge, but once you send them your old unit, you'll get the refund on the surcharge amount. Its this way round, as historically people just wouldn't send in the old unit or it wouldn't be of the expected condition. I'd recommend phoning them up if you are unsure or maybe even come and visit. Should be easy doing there and back in a day from Wiltshire. Dave is very good, my Uncle knew his Dad Ian Ashcroft. They are only down the road from us. So I'd highly recommend them as a business.

Surcharges and VAT are not related.  VAT is an an avoidable tax for domestic purchases of products or services and that is set by HMRC and the Treasury, not by any business.

A surcharge is an additional deposit against goods to be exchanged, in this case the old unit to be rebuilt for a later customer.  If the old unit is not handed to the business, or is in such a state as to be unsuitable for refurbishment, then the business keeps the surcharge and your deal is treated as an outright purchase rather than an exchange.  It is standard practice in most engineering companies and many other industries too.

I knew someone had to pay for my old unit transport,

I’ll ring them Monday morning I’m off Monday might just jump in the car run it down there get new one sounds lot Easier then [b]swear filter is there for a reason[/b] about with computers and delivery 🚚 

thanks all.

• Like 1