O/T food at events

pugwash

as some of you will have experienced i have been delivering fish and chips to a couple of james' events.

for one reason and another i can't deliver fish and chips anymore but i have been thinking about other options.

would people be interested in a BBQ or similar with good quality burgers, sausages, bacon or similar. This is somthing i could do easily and fairly cheaply. I was thinking around the £3.50 including a drink. Probably either payable at the start of the day, or included in the days fee.

Would people be interested in this? If not, do you have any other options you might be interested in?

as a competitor who enjoys the day and would stop for lunch YES please i would buy.

As an organiser i would be happy to collect the money in advance at Scrutineering as long as those who paid for stuff def got it, which with a suggestion as you have shouldnt be a problem.

Does that mean i can order a burger and drink for my next event?

Having just come back from Glasto where you can pay £1.50 for a paper cup of mediocre tea <_< (although it's probably fair trade ethical eco-friendly carbon-neutral tea from sustainable tea plants) I would say I'd be happy to pay a reasonable amount for decent food rather than 50p less for a cheap burger that contains traces of meat as you seem to get at some places.

Biatch burgers sound good to me!! Need something at lunchtime to get me through the afternoon!

I think the money wouuld have to be taken up front as in the heat of the battle some teams may decide not to come back for lunch having initially said they would which would pi$$ you off if they hadn't yet paid.

You bet!

I think Lunch time at events is important. Not only to have a rest but to chat to other people - and eat stuff.

At the end of the day it's all a bit frantic and everyone is too tired.

What will you do if it rains? Do you have a Gazebo or something for the BBQ?

Si