The Welding Stig would be proud

One of the welders in work has finished welding one exavator bucket today. It's taken him 30 hours and almost 100kg of 1.2mm coated mig wire. 9 pass multirun welds layed down with a 1000amp mig set look so nice :D:blink:

For some reason he's taking the day off tomorow, can't think why :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Definitely the most impressive bit of welding i've seen B)

Yeah, com'on Dave, pics of the bucket & excavator is meant to fit please.

Picture of the digger. a 30 ton O&K

http://www.bauma-netz.com/bilder/bauma/51_1122977139_1

I'll take a picture of the bucket in the morning once it's cooled enough to be painted :lol:

We've still got to make a pallet for it to go on, to be sent by the courier :blink:

Hullo Hairyone, who are you on Mig-Welding? I don't recognise the name! :)

I log on to most forums as Hairyone but I've not posted much on mig-welding. Only really welded a few patches on my 90 and still learning. Hoping to change the crossmember this year, and we might be swapping the frontera for a classic in the near future, trouble is I want something like a triumph dolly/herald/1500 fwd or a scimitar and the other half wants a moggy or volvo amazon. In either case there's probably going to be a heap of welding, but at the moment just happy to lurk and learn.