Sodbury Before/After

jules

I hate to break it to you, but they do go rusty on the surface - I have an SS system in my garden :rolleyes: and apart from the "shiny grade" silencer the rest of it looks like a used mild system.

I only bought one thing - a pair of V8 rocker covers with a longer oil filler tube so I can get more oil in the engine and less on the engine :P

Took loads of stuff to sell, didn't shift most of the good stuff but sold quite a few bits I would class as utter tat :huh: people are really strange, they will pay £10 for rusty carp I was going to throw away, but won't pay a few quid more for something brand new in a box...

I still have loads of stuff I need to sell - clicky for the list :P

Being that a substantial part of my business and working life has been stainless steel pipework in know the difference between 304 rusty and mild steel rusty.

Thought there as a load of carp for sale,lots of good carp aswell,an at those prices my units got about 10k's worth of LR gear in there!

had to take a series roof and sides back in the van for my mate £40, good carp!

Lots of people there,great weather and a lovely smash outside the exit :rolleyes:

I'll take a trailer next time,full up.

I was just gobsmacked that at least two people there must have thought it was the car boot sale - and had stalls with the only bit of lr being a crappy tin plate made in china model of a series LR - maybe im just getting old and grumpy :angry::D

had to take a series roof and sides back in the van for my mate £40, good carp!

Marcus - Was that you dismantling the swb hardtop sides from the roof on the grass just outside the showground entrance gate?

I've been going to the sortout twice a year for a number of years and I reckon that this was the biggest and busiest yet. There appeared to be more stalls and more buyers than ever, including one or two of little or no Land Rover content.

It's starting to get difficult to get around all of the stalls and have a proper rummage before sellers start packing up to leave.

I think that the Old Sod has seriously got to think about either an earlier start or making it a weekend event.

On the plus side - I got a few of the odds and ends I was looking for and my mate got most of the stuff he was looking for.

Paul.

I hate to break it to you, but they do go rusty on the surface - I have an SS system in my garden :rolleyes: and apart from the "shiny grade" silencer the rest of it looks like a used mild system.

I only bought one thing - a pair of V8 rocker covers with a longer oil filler tube so I can get more oil in the engine and less on the engine :P

Took loads of stuff to sell, didn't shift most of the good stuff but sold quite a few bits I would class as utter tat :huh: people are really strange, they will pay £10 for rusty carp I was going to throw away, but won't pay a few quid more for something brand new in a box...

I still have loads of stuff I need to sell - clicky for the list :P

You have hit the nail on the head..

I stopped taking good stuff years ago and I take odd and sods to sell mainly to get in early

everything I bought for the day I bought before 11am and that was a fan and some shackles and a few ratchet straps

I sold five old LR steering wheels for £3-5 each but no-one even asked about the steering boss I had next to them for £10

I had a good day. Bought some tools and so much stainless tig filler wire that I had to buy a tatty old wheelbarrow to get it back to my car... :D (It was SO cheap, and I need the practice)!

Bought Mr Fridge a Bison Burger (sorry Fridge I found the sugar for your coffee later in my pocket... duh!). Met Daan for first time, and bumped into fellow vaccuum-fabber Will Warne.

Also received a really generous uber-blingy gift to help the project along - I'll post a pic of it later... B)

I tend to wander round staring at the ground, so I probably walked right past many people... Great weather, cheap deals and a good day.

Cheers, Al.

:)

Brilliant day. Very busy.

Didn't get much time to wander round - however, Nick & I scored some 'under the counter' green fire extinguishers and I bought a 24 to 12v voltage converter (from Mark).

Didn't find any braked indispension units - what I was looking for though.

Thanks Les.H for the Bison burger and company and of course Chris (GBMud) for helping me.

Si

First time I've been since it was at Old Sodbury - a great day was had (must find a source for Bison steaks - that burger was great!).

Getting sunburn in October must be a first! :o

Managed to find nearly all the stuff I was looking for too :) .

I'll be back next year, with another shopping list!

Cheers,

Marcus - Was that you dismantling the swb hardtop sides from the roof on the grass just outside the showground entrance gate?

I've been going to the sortout twice a year for a number of years and I reckon that this was the biggest and busiest yet. There appeared to be more stalls and more buyers than ever, including one or two of little or no Land Rover content.

It's starting to get difficult to get around all of the stalls and have a proper rummage before sellers start packing up to leave.

I think that the Old Sod has seriously got to think about either an earlier start or making it a weekend event.

On the plus side - I got a few of the odds and ends I was looking for and my mate got most of the stuff he was looking for.

Paul.

My van Paul.My mate was dismantling the top and i was in the queue for a can of pop!

I needs to open earlier and be more spread out with some sort of sections, series + coil sprung etc, cause looking around all the stalls was hard work.

Didn't make it to Sodbury :( because I was here:

post-121-1193062314_thumb.jpg

Then I went here:

post-121-1193062301_thumb.jpg.

Along the way I seem to have misplaced my voice :D , the contents of mine and my brother's wallets :o and the Web Ellis Trophy :( .

I did manage to come away with an extremely impressive hang over though so that's all right then! :lol:

Didn't make it to Sodbury :( because I was here:

post-121-1193062314_thumb.jpg

Then I went here:

post-121-1193062301_thumb.jpg.

Along the way I seem to have misplaced my voice :D , the contents of mine and my brother's wallets :o and the Web Ellis Trophy :( .

I did manage to come away with an extremely impressive hang over though so that's all right then! :lol:

I'm So jealous