Sodbury Before/After

jules

So, did you get what you wanted? Did you grab a bargain?

I went with a long list and came back with only one of my must buys - a Safari Snorkel. Bargain, well at least I thought so! :D Described by the seller as "almost new, fitted to my son's Discovery but he changed his mind and took everything off." Tried to beat him down, but got it for £135. :) Have just taken everything out of the box for a good look and it looks like the only thing that was used was the template!! None of it had been fitted to the vehicle! Saving about £65 plus delivery on a shop-bought item.

Me = :D

Why do people take utter carp there thenntr to sell it to you for more than the retail price.

'Kin pikeys

PIKEY" yes mate it's a full stainles system from RR,there £400 new"

ME .but it's a mild steel system..........

PIKEY" Yeh they go that colour after a while"

ME. " what ****in rusty!"

got a genuine hi lift adapter for a £10 - new, a new defender tailgate for £35 and a new seatbelt mounting for £2.50 and a new indicator stalk thing ma jig for £20 and a bison burger with the last remnants of a not so new stilton !

Seemed to be a LOT of disco stuff though this year - I guess they are all falling apart then !

My legs ache - so shower and then watch the rugby with a glass of water :lol:

what bargains did people get....

RRC boot walnut drawer :D but is too big for my LSE as it has a sub in the boot <_<

RR3 4.4 V8 elecy fan for £20 it is massive in its own cowling so it should keep my 4.2 nice and cool :D

and got rid of my old tyres :D

and bumped into loads of old freinds

2x Avon Rangemasters on steel rims - for £15 the pair for a spare for my Disco.

200tdi air con compressor with bracket for air (vapour!) project. Now I need to find a twin-vee bottom pulley and the bit for the timing case to mount the tensioner on - any ideas anyone???

4x 175A Anderson style connectors for jump lead project.

Some 16 & 32A connectors and armoured flex for Red Cross power leads.

A surge protector for when i eventually get around to sourcing a welder - again any ideas? :)

Chris

4x 175A Anderson style connectors for jump lead project.

Oh ****, I knew there was something I missed off my list.

As per my post on another thread, I saved about £65 on the list price of what appears to be a brand new Safari snorkel. :D

A pair of cheap dislocation cones to see me through until I can get the ones I want.

And a thermostat (oooh, pushing the boat out there! :lol: )

I had a long list, with three must-buys. I got one. :(

Despite Fridges 109 being on 37"s, on Volvo Portals, and being bright red, I still managed not to spot it in the 10mins I spent wandering around :o

RR3 4.4 V8 elecy fan for £20 it is massive in its own cowling so it should keep my 4.2 nice and cool :D

The engine uses a viscous fan on L322 RR, if you have an electric fan then its the one off of the front of the rad pack for the aircon. They dont shift a great deal of air in my experience.

Also worth noting is that the later ones are not 12v and are controlled by the BCM for some bizarre reason

Despite Fridges 109 being on 37"s, on Volvo Portals, and being bright red, I still managed not to spot it in the 10mins I spent wandering around :o

The engine uses a viscous fan on L322 RR, if you have an electric fan then its the one off of the front of the rad pack for the aircon. They dont shift a great deal of air in my experience.

Also worth noting is that the later ones are not 12v and are controlled by the BCM for some bizarre reason

I didn't know that it wasn't 12v, what is it

I worked out it was on the out side as there are vents all round it and it would clash with the viscous on the inside anyway :lol:

Prob the biggest event I can rememebr size wise :)

Took nearly 3.5 hours to go around all the stalls once....

Jon W bought headlining for a 90 roof (£2 and in fab condition !) - but then grumbled having to carry it around, light for roof, RR leccy Mirror, and I can't remeber what else but we both bought a fair bit but most V cheaply - buyers market.

I bought a Packet of Stainless Steel TIG Rods full packet for £5, a rare as hens teeth V890 11 balde viscous fan - £3, steering arm rod assemble - near new £2, 4x 90 arches in good cond £5, and until I unload the car I can't remeber what else :lol:

Delivered 1st batch of DVDs, saw many forumeers there, great weather too :)

Nige

Prob the biggest event I can rememebr size wise :)

Took nearly 3.5 hours to go around all the stalls once....

Jon W bought headlining for a 90 roof (£2 and in fab condition !) - but then grumbled having to carry it around, light for roof, RR leccy Mirror, and I can't remeber what else but we both bought a fair bit but most V cheaply - buyers market.

I bought a Packet of Stainless Steel TIG Rods full packet for £5, a rare as hens teeth V890 11 balde viscous fan - £3, steering arm rod assemble - near new £2, 4x 90 arches in good cond £5, and until I unload the car I can't remeber what else :lol:

Delivered 1st batch of DVDs, saw many forumeers there, great weather too :)

Nige

Nige, check the grade of the tig rods, the ones I saw contained 20% rust! (not 316).

I'll be honest, I wasn't that impressed with it, there was a serious amount of total garbage being sold there... :(

I've been twice a year for the last 5 years and do think the glory days might be slipping away.. :(

I did get a few bargains though, good (tested) fire extinguisher for £6.50, nice BMW first aid kit for £5, 4 genuine hub seals for £1 each, replacement boot cargo bins for my 5 seat disco for £5 and a monster tyre lever for £25 (not cheap but a good bit of kit)

I did look at the 'terra firma' suspension being knocked out by Frogs Island, but as the South African bloke flogging it was so pushy, and didn't seem to know anything what he was trying to sell (like where it was made) I walked away with my £200 intact..

I'm sure I'll be back in April, as there are lots of bits on my list I didn't find...

at least the weather was nice....

PIKEY" yes mate it's a full stainles system from RR,there £400 new"

ME .but it's a mild steel system..........

PIKEY" Yeh they go that colour after a while"

ME. " what ****in rusty!"

I hate to break it to you, but they do go rusty on the surface - I have an SS system in my garden :rolleyes: and apart from the "shiny grade" silencer the rest of it looks like a used mild system.

I only bought one thing - a pair of V8 rocker covers with a longer oil filler tube so I can get more oil in the engine and less on the engine :P

Took loads of stuff to sell, didn't shift most of the good stuff but sold quite a few bits I would class as utter tat :huh: people are really strange, they will pay £10 for rusty carp I was going to throw away, but won't pay a few quid more for something brand new in a box...

I still have loads of stuff I need to sell - clicky for the list :P