Ebay account help!

woodrow

Just had the pleasure of haveing my Ebay account stolen.

Appears to have been done at about 3pm this afternoon, approx half a dozen items where listed and then an email came through confirming change of email address. By now my password has been changed and I cant figure out any way in.

I've done the email Ebay bit but dont hold out much hope.

What I want to know is can I cancel the whole account? Dont want to loose 3 years worth of feedback but I dont want to keep paying to list bloody hoovers!!!

Any way of actually getting the account back?!

Last time I had "issues" with Ebay they where useless, but the police (in particular Neath) where really really good and actually tracked down the person responsible (got my money back as well). Any ideas if they can do anything this time?

For the curious the user ID is woodrowsparky.

Just had the pleasure of haveing my Ebay account stolen.

Appears to have been done at about 3pm this afternoon, approx half a dozen items where listed and then an email came through confirming change of email address. By now my password has been changed and I cant figure out any way in.

I've done the email Ebay bit but dont hold out much hope.

What I want to know is can I cancel the whole account? Dont want to loose 3 years worth of feedback but I dont want to keep paying to list bloody hoovers!!!

Any way of actually getting the account back?!

Last time I had "issues" with Ebay they where useless, but the police (in particular Neath) where really really good and actually tracked down the person responsible (got my money back as well). Any ideas if they can do anything this time?

For the curious the user ID is woodrowsparky.

You are now showing nothing up for sale ???...may poss that ebay fixed it for you ??

Nige

You are now showing nothing up for sale ???...may poss that ebay fixed it for you ??

Nige

Do an advanced search for completed items, the 90 is genuine and still for sale, my mates desperate and keen to sell it!

The hoovers etc are very much not me!!

how did they get your password then?

Thats what worrys me, all my accounts use seperate passwords, all my firewalls, anti virus stuff is pretty much updated weekly, just scanning the machine now and nothings showing.

Now accessing the internet from a different machine btw

Hang on, if Woodrow's had his password stolen, he could have had his forum ID stolen too - how do we know it's really him. He might be spamming us with Ebay ads of LandRovers as a cunning way to boost his hit rate.

There's only one thing for it - we need a question which only a LR nut can answer...

(Apologies for the utter threadjack and I hope you find your account soon!)

My suggestion while eBay sort this out (which I think they will, albeit slowly) is to get a new account and every time your stolen ID tries to sell something, go to "ask seller a question" and type "THIS PERSON HAS STOLEN MY ID! DO NOT BID!" they'll soon get bored of it and if enough other people report the auction to eBay it'll get changed quick enough.

I recently got an e-mail from eBay saying they'd removed everything a person was selling and suspended their account (I was bidding on one of their items) so they do police things. I've had problems before with non-paying bidders and disappearing sellers and they've always sorted them out in the end.

how did they get your password then?

I posted in the ebay good/bad thread I think - about a recent method of obtaining passwords. Can't remember details and too lazy ti look it up but it involves a link on an item you a vieing, you follow the link, something flashes up and an ebay sign in look alike page appears.

Either don't proceed or else enter an incorrect password. If genuine ebay, it will tell you it is incorrect; a spoof sign in site will not know that.

I got one from eBay [eBay@reply3.ebay.com]

I am guessing it is genuine as ebay home [age has the children in need stuff plus only ebay should know my e-mail address?

When Ebay send "circulars" they do it via the Ebay Message system, and send a copy to your Email, so if it isn't in "My Messages" I'd be suspicious.

Getting your Ebay Email addy is simple if you have PayPal, they just start to pay you and give up as soon as you Email Addy is revealed. All the Ebay Spoofs I get go to my Paypal addy which is not the same as my Ebay one.

Making a fake website is easy, just download the genuine one and modify the URLs to pint to your scam website

When Ebay send "circulars" they do it via the Ebay Message system, and send a copy to your Email, so if it isn't in "My Messages" I'd be suspicious.

Getting your Ebay Email addy is simple if you have PayPal, they just start to pay you and give up as soon as you Email Addy is revealed. All the Ebay Spoofs I get go to my Paypal addy which is not the same as my Ebay one.

Making a fake website is easy, just download the genuine one and modify the URLs to pint to your scam website

anything you say or write will be taken down and may be used in court as evidence against you. :huh:

Update!!

Ebay have "reset" the account, credited the listing fees for all the dodgey auctions (hopefully the 90 as well!!) and all I need to do now is enter my secret answer to my secret question and everything will be sorted.

Except I cant. Bloody thing doesnt like my answers (which are correct, 100%) and now wont even let me in that far. I'm guessing who ever was playing with it changed them as well.

So far progress is steady...

Get back to the customer service pronto, if it's all reset then you shouldn't have any more problems.

Sat here waiting for a responce!!

Working all tomorrow and out tomorrow night, want it sorted before Sunday ideally!

I'm guessing they dont have 24hr customer services though...

Latest update, got an email through but not sure if its real or not

Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay. I am sorry to hear that you are unable to

access your eBay account as it is not accepting your details. I

apologise for the inconvenience it has caused you.

Please understand that in order to assist you further, we need your

contact information. Please send us the following information as it

currently appears in your eBay registration. Please know that this is

for verification purposes only. Once I receive your reply, I will be

happy to assist you.

E-mail address:

Full name:

Address:

City:

State:

Post Code:

Primary phone number:

Please note that the information you provide and what we have on file

for your account must match. Only when the information matches can we

request a temporary password for your account.

Lastly, to create your own secret question for your password, please

follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Click on site map link which you could find on top of all eBay pages.

2. Scroll down through Services section.

3. Under the heading My eBay, you can find following link "Create my

Secret Question and Answer".

Please follow the steps mentioned on that page to create a new one.

I look forward to your response so that we can resolve this issue as

soon as possible. I thank you in advance for your cooperation, and wish

you luck with your future eBay transactions!

Kind regards,

Daniel N

eBay Customer Support

NEW!!!!

Want It Now (WIN)

In response to a great deal of community feedback and member suggestions

we are very excited to announce Want It Now, a new way for members to

buy and sell unique, hard-to-find items.

With Want It Now, buyers can now tell sellers exactly what they are

looking for when they are unable to find it on the site. Sellers can

then browse through these requests to find buyers for their items, as

well as get new ideas for what items are in demand.

For more information about Want It Now, please check out our Frequently

Asked Questions:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/specialtysites/win_post.html

eNews!

The eBay Announcement Boards contain the latest information regarding

eBay features, system status, and special promotions:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing-uk.shtml

Sent from ukcswebhelp@ebay.com

Havent replied as yet