ground anchor point in the garage

ROGUE TROOPER

I have one of these in the garage ,for pulling the 90 in if its dead , also hndy for locking the kids bikes to.

X-THUMB-192-anchordld.jpg

Its an anchor iron from a BT manhole, Just dig a hole where you wnt it and bury it upto the flat plate in concrete.

Very strong.Its made from 25mm solid bar and galvanised.

Guest diesel_jim

At the top of the drive when i was at my parents place, i just hammered in one of the military ground anchor pins. right in and stuck a shackle through the eye at the top.

worked a treat, and as it was in the grounds so far, you could pull slightly "up" on it as well.

How about one of these mounted through the back wall of the garage* with a spreader plate on either side?? That way you can mount it at a reasonable height so you are only pulling the fixing in a horizontal direction... This also means that there isn't a lump of metal sticking out of the floor for you to fall over when the car isn't in the garage

*Assuming the back wall of the garage is accessible and does not form the wall to the living room!! :lol::lol:

*Assuming the back wall of the garage is accessible and does not form the wall to the living room!! :lol::lol:

A mate put up some heavy duty shelves and a work bench in his garage, all securely fixed to the wall. His missus wasn't pleased when she came home to find loads of holes and brick dust all over the living room wall :lol:

I need to pull the Hybrid into the garage (As well as other things) but need an anchor point that will take the draw pull of a rolling RRC chassis with Engine and box, so I can pull it into the garage.

Anyone know of one that is "off the shelf"?

Thanks

push it you pufta :D

I use a towing pole and push the car in.

How about one of these mounted through the back wall of the garage* with a spreader plate on either side?? That way you can mount it at a reasonable height so you are only pulling the fixing in a horizontal direction... This also means that there isn't a lump of metal sticking out of the floor for you to fall over when the car isn't in the garage

Thanks all, some good ideas, but im going with Oranges idea.

I have obtained some thick steel chequer plate, so will do that as its the cheapest easiest option. All I need now is a hook!!

Luckly the back wall is not attached to the house :)

Thanks