TATA 4x4 . com

TJ101

Wonder if the defenders will come with "curry hooks" in them like the disco? :lol:

The curry hook is a very useful thing for little shopping bags, never had a curry on it yet but I have often thought about trying to find somewhere to put one in the Defender :)

Funny but I'm not so uncomfortable with Tata. They're a major engineering force and to my mind would help take land rover back to its roots of simple repairable vehicle. Much like I'd be quite happy buying an Indian built Enfield (though I'd prefer a moto guzzi). If the quality is poor it will keep the aftermarket SMEs in business selling replacement engines, gearboxes, chassis,... for may many years to come, LRs reputation for having a high percentage of all vehicles ever produced still on the road will be maintained and I'll continue to be able to get spares for my older (genuine) land rovers :D

i build the D3 seats for a living......... TATA came around our factory to look at the seats to see if they were suitable for their range of 4x4's.........

and basicly said that the quality of the seats was not good enough to have them in their cars!! :huh:

I lived in India for a while a few years back and remember that quality controll is very poor. A friend had 4 Enfield motorbikes (ok not made by TATA) before getting one that the big ends would stay in or the crank wouldn't twist. This is down to everything being made or recycled materials (most of the worlds scrap goes to India and China) and they seem to be bad at sepparating the materials before they go to be reused , everyting steel is melted down together and used for whatever.

i build the D3 seats for a living......... TATA came around our factory to look at the seats to see if they were suitable for their range of 4x4's.........

and basicly said that the quality of the seats was not good enough to have them in their cars!! :huh:

And you believe an Indian businessman?

God you're a bit naive me old son