Autotrader Find

MRWOO

I found this via Autotrader and thought that this is a typical example of somebody trying to get their money back on their mods when they sell their vehicle, from my experience you never do....bloody nice set up though

http://www.brittle.co.uk/car.asp?CarID=1080

Somebody might prove me wrong on here and go and buy it now!

(apologies if it's a members Land Rover)

Saw it on the previous thread, didn't like it then and don't like it now.

That is the problem with modifications, as long as you are doing them for yourself that is fine but if you then expect to recoup some (or all) of the money on resale then you are on a hiding to nothing.

I think that is why most of us like to buy the best, most standard vehicle we can because we know we are buying a blank canvas which we can then play around with as we see fit. I know there are always people who don't or can't modify a vehicle themselves but all too often you see they end up having bought an old dog and they were dazzled by all the pretty bits & pieces.

That hopefully shouldn't apply to this vehicle as at that price it should be well out of the league of 'bodge it with enthusiasm and no skill owner' but unfortunately it does happen all too often.

hehe - I quite like it (not sure about the ironwork on the front though - is that the ground anchor?).

Probably not far off, price-wise but only if you want all those items. As stated above, accessories are seldom expected to be recouped in value (better stripped and flogged separately). If you want a vehicle to this exact spec then you could probably get it down to 29 inc vat but wouldn't pay much more than that.

rage rover offender :hysterical: