Fog Light Drivers

MRWOO

If we're having a rant about lights......

How about the people that drive everywhere at 35 mph on dipped beam so you can't see to overtake (unless you know the road well enough) and never use main beam (probably why they're driving a 35!) so once you've found your nice long stretch to overtake, go around them, THEN THEY KNOW WHERE THE MAIN BEAM IS AND GIVE YOU PLENTY OF IT!!!!! :o GRRRR :angry:

arhhhh...that felt good :P

Yes, you have to put your main beam on to see past them and they take it that you're trying to blind them so they put their MB on to retaliate.

I got stuck behind one as I pulled out of the station carpark last night with a sign in the rear window reading something like "I have 9 points on my license, please feel free to overtake". He/she then frustrated me by driving at 20 mph in a 30 zone until we got to the 50 limit and then made it worse by driving at 20mph in the 50 limit. Git.

Chris

I got stuck behind one as I pulled out of the station carpark last night with a sign in the rear window reading something like "I have 9 points on my license, please feel free to overtake". He/she then frustrated me by driving at 20 mph in a 30 zone until we got to the 50 limit and then made it worse by driving at 20mph in the 50 limit. Git.

Chris

And why oh why do they then always wait until you get alongside them and then floor it so that you struggle to get past (this may be more a TDi issue than a V8 one) with out braking the speed limit or running out of road and then promptly slow back down to 20mph once you are past.

Pete.

Chris

I presume your barge prevented overtaking Chris :P or was it your relaxed driving style... :lol::lol::ph34r:

Had to deal with an RTI last night where the driver of the crashed car was blinded by the car behind. Luckilly no injuries but a right mess of the traffic light he 'decapitated' and the road after the remainder of the light ended up through his sump!

And then having to direct traffic.....some people........ :o

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned my pet hate at the moment - cars with only one working head light, who then go to full beam because they can't see a bloody thing with only one light!

Down the country lanes they look like a motorbike coming towards you until you get close enough to realise that it's actually a car and because they have no idea how wide their car is (and they could move over by about 4 feet at least!) you have to practically dive into the hedge to avoid them!!!

Grrrrrr ! :angry:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned my pet hate at the moment - cars with only one working head light, who then go to full beam because they can't see a bloody thing with only one light!

Down the country lanes they look like a motorbike coming towards you until you get close enough to realise that it's actually a car and because they have no idea how wide their car is (and they could move over by about 4 feet at least!) you have to practically dive into the hedge to avoid them!!!

Grrrrrr ! :angry:

Usually this type of driver will always put their fog lights on to compensate for the missing light, lets have 3 lights on instead of getting my lazy arse to the garage to replace the bulb. Proabably happens becuase they are waiting for their next MOT or Service to have it replaced by a trained technician ho ho ho.

Guest diesel_jim
And the guy you overtook is going "Tut, tut, you don't get there any quicker by driving fast."

that always makes me laugh..."you won't get there any quicker you know..."

a ) i'm now in front of you

b ) i'm going faster than you

so how can i not get there any sooner? :rolleyes:

I might as well chime in with one of my own grumpy old man pet hates but this one concerns narrow country lanes. I get brassed off with the number of drivers who believe (wrongly) that just because I'm the one in the Land Rover I'm the one that's always willing to back up into a passing space of field entrance or pull over onto the verge. Some of the car drivers around here see you coming, even see that you are towing a trailer, see that there are no places that you can pull into but will still drive past passing places on their side as they reckon I'm the one who is going to do the reversing. Big mistake.

that always makes me laugh..."you won't get there any quicker you know..."

a ) i'm now in front of you

b ) i'm going faster than you

so how can i not get there any sooner? :rolleyes:

Mind you in an urban area you can usually make more progress going slower and using the lanes sensibly.

true...but personally I don't tend to drive in the towns too much...nor overtake people when I'm there. :rolleyes: Maybe that's the problem...."townies" clogging up our nice country roads on dipped beam cause they're not used to turning on main beam to see further, it's obviously just for flashing that ignorant bloke in the Land Rover <_<...... have some worklamp! :lol:

I might as well chime in with one of my own grumpy old man pet hates but this one concerns narrow country lanes. I get brassed off with the number of drivers who believe (wrongly) that just because I'm the one in the Land Rover I'm the one that's always willing to back up into a passing space of field entrance or pull over onto the verge. Some of the car drivers around here see you coming, even see that you are towing a trailer, see that there are no places that you can pull into but will still drive past passing places on their side as they reckon I'm the one who is going to do the reversing. Big mistake.

I live down country lanes and get really wound up about this to, the width on my lane will fit (generally) 1 1/2 cars so at least me or the on comer has to get over. I generally judge how fast they are coming towards me and if they don’t slow down then I don’t get over. If they drive courteously then I'll gladly move over. The funny thing is when I get closer to home I meet up with the same crowd around 6pm ish cutting through the back lanes on their commute, Mr Red bl00dy Peugeot has to get over every time.

i can massively relate to this one!

worse still is when im driving a tractor with 14 tonne of grain or beet on the back and they think im actually going to put myself and the trailer onto a soft verge?? think again sunshine!

my other real pet hate is people who because you're higher up even though my 200tdi disco headlights arent the brightest thing on dipped, they think you're on main beam. so they cordially give you some of their HID main beam... what really seems to upset them is a few hundred watts of wipaccy goodness. they seem to get the message then! but yeah those new HID lights on BMWs are horrific. i seem to spend more and more time with my rear view mirror flipped up than ever!

AND WHAT IS WITH THE X5s ON THE MOTORWAY IN BROAD DAYLIGHT THINKING DRIVING WITH HEADLIGHTS ON MEANS THEY CAN GO AS FAST AS THEY LIKE?!

ooh, thought of another one. people parking on double yellows or blocking traffic by parking next to another line of parked cars so they can go into the shop and putting on their hazard lights apparently excuses this??

worse still is when im driving a tractor with 14 tonne of grain or beet on the back and they think im actually going to put myself and the trailer onto a soft verge?? think again sunshine!

During summer the floods I was towing my mate's flooded and fooked Astra to a a friends farm on a backroad with my mate in front in his car to clear traffic as the main road was closed so the back road was busy, we were also following my mate's dad in a tractor with an grain trailer...we met a queue of 4 cars who wouldn't reverse!!! :o we're towing a trailer and broken a car FFS! in the end my mates dad in the tractor had to reverse into into a gateway and i had to just drive my truck into the hedge! pulling the Astra in with me!! grrrrrr

AND WHAT IS WITH THE X5s ON THE MOTORWAY IN BROAD DAYLIGHT THINKING DRIVING WITH HEADLIGHTS ON MEANS THEY CAN GO AS FAST AS THEY LIKE?!

A lot of countries have had this for years, and it is now an EU norm I think.

It's called daytime running lights.

Meaning the lights are on even if the switch is off.

My RR is like that, and all vehicles have been like this here since mid 80's

A lot of countries have had this for years, and it is now an EU norm I think.

It's called daytime running lights.

Meaning the lights are on even if the switch is off.

My RR is like that, and all vehicles have been like this here since mid 80's

hmmm... i wouldnt mind but they dont all do it?! only the ones who go steaming up the fast lane on an empty motorway

i do quite like the intelligent lights on our freelander 2. turn on once it gets dark-ish.

All f******g pillocks in my book, it rains on go the stupid red rear lights, a bit of mist when you can see 1/2 mile on go the stupid red lights, one day I shall drive right into the back of someone with them on and claim I was blinded by them and lost all spacial awareness !!!!!!

Middle lane hoggers that's another especially when towing, the prat in a black Citroen C4 with a Glasgow number plate still didn't understand why I let rip with headlights at him, nothing in the inside lane for miles but he is in the middle lane just managing about 60mph and I am doing 70 with Ifor and Rangie on the back, a quick trip into the outside lane and a quick return saw him scuttle in then proceed to try and box me behind the next truck with lots of gesticulation. A 110 is a bit bigger my friend and you can go into the outside lane legally !!!! Best I ever saw was a truck almost put a car under the trailer when he pulled back in !!!!

Years ago the Cumbrian Police used to stop them and remind them of the "rule of the road" travel on the left and overtake on the right, "there is no Fast Lane" it's overtaking lane 1 and overtaking lane 2 !!!!! Nowadays it's just get the safety camera's up onthe next bridge !!

oooh.....speed limit is 60 for towing I think.............. :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

what about folk that flash you or put there rear fog on and off as they think you are on full beam in the disco? it`s the first 4x4 i`ve had and i get it all the time. the headlamp aim is spot on but folk still persist in flashing.

having said that' it usually only take a quick full beam blast for them to stop!! :lol: