Most ambitious Christmas project?

hattymender

Being socially dysfunctional I'm dreading the usual round of Christmas visits so I'm working on a list of jobs which must (?) be done while I'm off for the week. The most ambitious I've got to so far is to re-fit the split charge system (long story involving a blown fuse diagnosed as failing battery, failing split charge, etc...)

So I was wondering; what's the most ambitious project being planned for Christmas? :rolleyes:

Rich

surviving the wifes cooking is my big project!

Ah! The cooking's great, in fact too good. It attracts her family. And therein lies the problem!

Does give opportunity to get in workshop though as Christmas roast pan generally needs sorting with angle grinder followed by pressure wash.

Originally, my main project was to weld some new rear body mounts into the dosco, fit the on-board air and a few other little projects.

however, I have since been informed that I will mostly be finishing the bathroom, and decorating the hall..... :(

emm i have three weeks of starting at 12 Dec so will be building a storage system for the back of the Disco and then giving it a good servicing (ooooerrrr) then i suppose i better do the family bit :rolleyes:

I suppose the real question is "What's the most ambitious project you planned but didn't do?" 'Cos is was:

• Cold
  • Raining
  • Shops shut so couldn't get parts
  • Not enough day light (especially when you get into habit of lie-ins. This takes 1 day to get into, 6 weeks to cure).
  • Snowing. (Snowings a long shot. It only ever snows when I'm at work or Hatty's in bits).
  • Can't be arsed.
    or all of the above..........

Well of to Laidley (150 k's inland from Brisbane) to the inlaws for Xmas. The mises mum is English so we get a full english Xmas lunch. Farther in law is Queensland Home brew champion for the past 6 years so loads of good home brew

Wife is one of 7 so lots and lots of people , and 5 of them are brother so alot of beer gets drunk :D

And first year taking the Huskies out there to meet the rest of the family :D

But laidley gets really hot on Xmas day. Last two years it has been in the 40's Degrees C

If I get the chance will try & do this lot ----

lift all front floor tunnel, fit new seals, plastic bush nuts & new screws

VHF UK general frequncy radio & antenna

electronic speedo & transducer/temp & fuel gauges [see wibbly wobbly speedo thead]

stainless steel bolt kit -- bought before Xmas last year

front diff oil change -- recently replaced

Surviving "panto season" at work, without going insane - 700 screaming kids every day for 6 weeks...

Indeed, some of us won't get any time off over Christmas since we're working to keep the rest of the world entertained!!

quick drive (Slovakia, Hungary and Czech Republic) shoot things, eat them, drink beer, fall over, sleep (repeat a few times), remember to come back at some stage, build another car, return to soul crushing job :huh:

Shootings coming up on my list, bit closer to home though. Doesn't pay to stray too far from Yorkshire. There's strange folk in foreign parts, mind you there's some strange folk here too. Me for one.

This thread's working. I now have a plan! Board across the wheel arches and put a couple of long draws underneath. One for junk, the other for guns. I can justify this with some waffle about it being better for her labradors with a flat surface to sleep/fart/bark on, the enemy resents time spent on Hatty but if it's for her dogs that's ok. and should get me out of being 'nice' to her family :)

Shootings coming up on my list, bit closer to home though. Doesn't pay to stray too far from Yorkshire. There's strange folk in foreign parts, mind you there's some strange folk here too. Me for one.

This thread's working. I now have a plan! Board across the wheel arches and put a couple of long draws underneath. One for junk, the other for guns. I can justify this with some waffle about it being better for her labradors with a flat surface to sleep/fart/bark on, the enemy resents time spent on Hatty but if it's for her dogs that's ok. and should get me out of being 'nice' to her family :)

Yorkshire is foreign, isn't it ?

Mo :P