Craddocks prices.....

gelf

Unless things have changed recently - nothing has a price on in their shop. You have to go to the counter and ask. I got the feeling that they were hiding something when I was there.

About 18 months ago I phoned, had stock and price confirmed and was supplied with one carb at the price shown on the web site by next day delivery. Unfortunately I'd actually ordered a pair or carbs and they said if I still wanted the other one it would be nearly double the marked price as they no longer carried stock and would have to be ordered specially!!!! I had no choice at the time but to stump up the extra. Haven't used them since though ...

AndyG

about 6years ago when they were still 'small' i bought a set a wheels of them and the service was pretty good and friendly.

then 4 years later after they expanded quite a bit i went there to buy a sankey, and got kicked out the compound after 2 hours. there were only some 150 trailers to go through. absolutely arrogant

i bought it somewhere else then.

i phoned them over some stuff a while ago and up to now I'm still waiting for them to get back to me...

i think their rapid expansion has gotten to their heads and they forgot how they got there.

one day they will land very hard if they carry on like that.

JJ

i think their rapid expansion has gotten to their heads and they forgot how they got there.

one day they will land very hard if they carry on like that.

seems to be a common theme, Bearmach in Swindon have gone the same way - prices have gone up, and arrogance = no spend from me (the other day the LR dealer was cheaper than them for an LT230 output oil seal !)

seems to be a common theme, Bearmach in Swindon have gone the same way - prices have gone up, and arrogance = no spend from me (the other day the LR dealer was cheaper than them for an LT230 output oil seal !)

Like OilIT i have also stopped using Bearmach in Swindon due to their prices. I now use Island 4x4 and even with postage these guys have always been significantly cheaper and usually the parts arrive next day.

Nigel

just spotted these QT radius arms on Eblag, being sold by Craddocks.....

just a little price hike!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-RADIUS-AR...1QQcmdZViewItem

I understand they have to cover their costs but that is over the top.

I just had a look at that listing.

Although the picture shows a pair of radius arms, the title and description only mention "arm" in the singular.

They couldn't be that dishonest could they ?

Paul.

Like OilIT i have also stopped using Bearmach in Swindon due to their prices. I now use Island 4x4 and even with postage these guys have always been significantly cheaper and usually the parts arrive next day.

Nigel

I would recommend Island4x4 for price and postage.Example 300TDI Wabco vacuum pump 114.98GBP door to door Western Australia 4 days.

Geoff

pah craddocks was in on there on friday pricing up some shocks as I was passing for the wifes series 3 think they were around the £15 mark each iirc just before I brought them suddenly remebered the salvage parts place they have round the back, went in there got a pair of new shocks minus the rubbers for £8 then went back in the shop and brought the rubbers for 24p each , the first and only time Ive had a bargain from there

If you ran a business would you a) sell a few items with a big markup or B) sell loads and loads at a low markup?

Good point rtbarton, the key is helpfulness, courtesy, availability, and knowledge, if you can find all that then you dont mind paying a bit of a premium for the 'value add' - trouble is, it would appear the aforementioned companies appear to be lacking in one or more of the above areas...

Good point rtbarton, the key is helpfulness, courtesy, availability, and knowledge, if you can find all that then you dont mind paying a bit of a premium for the 'value add' .....

Which is nice, but on more than one occasion I've spent time helping a prospective customer only have them go somewhere else, they want free consultancy AND discount!

I've been tempted to give stuff away for free but charge £20 per hour for the time taken to sell it!

i use lr-centre too.

good easy to use website with part numbers and averagely cheap and excellent delivery times. Plus if you have a query (my 90 is on a changeover year, so has a right mish-mash of parts) they are hugely knowledgeble. Worth their weight in gold.

they alway get my business!

Sent Craddocks a message through e-*** copied it below -

Dear johncraddockltd,

are you taking the micky, suggest you look here . http://www.qtservices.co.uk/region.asp?id=324 and you will see they are the makers and are £100 pounds cheaper thats one hell of a markup for craddocks

- neils90

Got a reply today

Dear neils90,

You need to add vat to there prices which takes them over the £200 mark, and they are not the makers we get ours from somewhere else,

and also the mark up on these is less than a normal part so it looks as though we need to get another supplier for them,

thanks for the comments.

regards

- johncraddockltd

sounds to me like they have been caught and waffling their way out