Arrrggghh Somebody help me choose a paint colour!!

mike4444244

Hi Guys

I have a 110 HT 3 dr, following an extensive rebuild every panel is a different shade of white or primer, I have been trying to decide what colour to spray it for about 6 months now <_< ... I have a 2 week window to get it done and plenty of dry (ish) workshop to paint it in so its needs doing! Problem is I dont want to make it look too nice or 'stand outy' as it will get nicked :angry: , i dont want to redo the original white because people kept shouting at me when i was waiting at roadworks :lol: , and i dont want to go down the NATO route because i want to go travelling in it and i heard it was a good idea to make it look non-military? Help! :unsure:

Mike

Hi Nige,

Not a problem, everything inside is covered by my super bling custom interior, or is relatively easy to get at with a spray gun...

mike

if you really cant make up your mind - you could do a groovy austin powers red white and blue job - thus elimating the need to worry about white door jams :lol:

like the 'shaguar' below: (maybe you could call it the shagover) :ph34r:

ER33543.jpg

or i too would stick with white - its all the underbonet areas that show youve changed the colour unless your going to take all the panels off

lol well no one would nick it i suppose! the bulkheads already a different colour, i suppose white plus stickers to carefully 'repair' the dents would stop it looking too buildery... I actually think they look good in white as long as its not buildery looking.... hmm... its cheap too cos i can use truck paint....

I would go with something in keeping with the truck... Bronze green is always a classic, or my personal favorite is the original Land Rover Light Green. A Satin finish would be sufficiently anit-bling, but gloss is so much easier to clean.

Here's my IIa in LR Light Green (on the right...:P ):

his_and_hers.jpg

Oslo Metallic Blue, nice colour not too sparkly and looks nice with the sun on it (not that we get much up here)

My series 3 was gold (real bling B) ) before I repainted it, wipped the roof off and hauled the seats out and managed to cover pretty much eveything in blue. Done the whole thing in less than a week (some of it outside)

I have some photos somewhere of before and after if you want to see it.

Cheers

G

hmm I like the light green, and the other classic colours like limestone (this is what my sisters 109 is) but they make a classic car like a series look classic, I dont think a defender would pull it off...

On the contrary, I think the Heritage LR's look superb:

w736mae-0001.jpg

Thanks for all the replies chaps, This will be my first attempt at spraying with a compressor so I think metallic is beyond me, I do like the look of the bright colours orange etc but whilst these colours may make it comercially less desirable, they do draw attention to the car, round where I live a bright colour would probably be a magnet to all the local pond life kids to come and vandalise it :angry:

looks like the choice is down to white, whether thats arctic white, mint white, white white, snowdrop white, cliffs of dover white, blizzard white or mighty white or oslo blue or something bright (thought maybe JCB yellow.... then it could get nicked AND used to pull out an ATM :lol: )

Mike