Scotian

Hi people. I just joined. Let me introduce myself.

I'm Marcus, from Scotland. I own a Landrover 90 Hybrid. I currently live in Craiova (Romania) with my girlfriend and work as a private contractor in the middle east.

I;ve attached pics of my 90. Mods/add ons are, Disco 200TDi engine, Disco rear axle (for the disk brakes), 2 inch lift Shocks and srings, 265/75 tyres, Under body guards, K&N filter, Snorkle (broken off just now), HF Radio, Computer with GPS and audio amp for mapping and music and films, brush wires and painted black.

I hope to get to know other members who are out in this neck of the woods and I think I can bring alot to the forum.

I've got a good friend back in scotland who owns a Landrover garage (not a franchise) who can source parts if the usual suspects (Padock (who wont post big things overseas), john cradock etc) cant provide.

I've got lots of mapping of UK, europe and Romania if anyone wants it and I also have landrover RAVE CDs with most the workshop and user manuals including the full landrover parts catalogue. All of it is found online but if it saves you having to hunt for it just let me know and I can send you it :-)

Here in Craiova I;ve found 2 other Landrover owners, one with a 2000 90 and the other with a brand new shinny2007 90 with the ford engine and the bump in the bonnet. Nice but I cant wait to see his face when it gets its first scratch or dent.

Let me know if you want any help with anything I'll be happy to pass on my experience, I'll be on here plenty picking your brains when I've come accross a new problem :P.

I've attached some pics. Hope you like.

Cheers guys.

post-7320-1202331688_thumb.jpg

post-7320-1202331694_thumb.jpg

post-7320-1202331699_thumb.jpg

post-7320-1202331704_thumb.jpg

post-7320-1202331710_thumb.jpg

post-7320-1202331716_thumb.jpg

post-7320-1202331724_thumb.jpg

post-7320-1202331734_thumb.jpg

post-7320-1202331741_thumb.jpg

post-7320-1202331750_thumb.jpg

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys.. Just one thing that puzzles me.. How come no one from outside the UK has said anything.. Just non-international people.lol. Just thought it was funny in the international forum.

No its not always snowing in Romania. In the winter it gets to about -20 sometimes and in the summer its been known to be +40. Recently I;ve been missing winters by working in the middle east but at last I was here for a winter :) Only trouble is for the whole time the snow was here I had a broken front right drive shaft and was getting constantly stuck.. As soon as I got the new shaft in the post and fitted the snow melted and I dont really need it :( Sods law.

Cristina was chuffed to see she was noticed in the pics. She's great, she really got the Landrover bug. When I met her (and took her off roading on our first date) she wasnt impressed with my "car" atall. but now she would rather this than any new car. she's even got a hankering for buying and restoring an old VW Beetle becuase of how she sees me maintaining the Landrover. :-)

The windows are not painted. I just tinted them with limo black tint. You can see out of them fine from the inside but its almost impossible to see in :-)

Hey Marcus,

Welcome, looks like you have had some fun in the snow, maybe even got our share as well! (We've had nothing significant this year, yet.)

Where abouts in Sctoland are you from? I'm keen to support local suppliers and don't really have any decent ones around here that I've found... :(

Welcome to the forum Marcus. Although it is called the 'International' forum we are still mainly UK based but there are lots of overseas members - one in Romania I know of and another planning to move there - for at least part of the year.

Chris

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys.. Just one thing that puzzles me.. How come no one from outside the UK has said anything.

Hi Marcus,

That UK lot are a bunch of slackers whereas us 'international' lot have work to do and can't be faffing about on the forum all day :P

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking truck :)

Hello scotian, what part of scotland were you from?

I' new too :ph34r:

I'm Born in Inverness but in recent years before comming to Romania I was staying in East Kilbride. S*#t hole, yes I know.

Thanks for the comments on Cristina. I never throught for a second that people would be commenting. My girlfriends ego is inflated so much now she can hardly fit out the door..

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys.. Just one thing that puzzles me.. How come no one from outside the UK has said anything.. Just non-international people.lol. Just thought it was funny in the international forum.

Hello from Norway!

Welcome to the Forum! Nice car and beautiful sorroundings!

Vælkommen till forumet! Fin bil och vackra omgivningar!

Bine ai venit la acest forum! Masina e frumoase si peisajul lafel!

Marius answering to the International call....

Not wishing to identify anyone personally without their permission, I think you will find answers here

Cheers

Chris

No problem Chris. It is no secret and you can tell anyone you wish to.

Welcome Marcus,

How much of the year do you spend in RO? If you are around for reasonable periods of time I may be able to offer you some work. Requests for tours are coming in thick and fast and I will need extra pairs of hands and wheels!

Maybe you could come up to Covasna sometime for a weekend to follow a few trails, do some off roading and talk business.

Cheers,

Paul