Be aware

floyd fan

This is one reason why you need to be carefull what pictures and write ups you post on an open forum. Its taken from a GLEAM newsletter.

We monitor, as closely as we can, whatever sources of information about off-roader thinking that we can find. ... Every weekend, they defiantly use every route that is not definitely closed to them (and some that are) and proudly post details and pictures of their exploits on the web. They either do not know, or do not care, about the tide of public opinion that is running against them.

The important thing now is to send in reports of all illegal vehicular use to the police, with copies to the Park or AONB authorities and to us. The police are now taking reports from the public much more seriously. Using just evidence conscientiously and scrupulously supplied by ordinary citizens, the police are now regularly issuing what are known as Section 59 notices to offenders. These put offenders on notice that they are liable to have their vehicles confiscated if further offences are recorded during the subsequent 12 months. The public and the Park authorities are becoming more savvy in their understanding of what is legal and what is not, and police action is now much more common.

Be aware, be very aware you ARE bieng watched.

Worth knowing. I would also be keen to report any illegal users, the sooner these people get their cars confiscated the better for all those of us legitimate users.

Chris

Exactly, If you drive off road responsibly in the first place then there will be no problem with putting up pics and write ups.

Steve

Where's this from, and has anyone set them straight on the views of those of us who legitimately participate in our hobby? We should be educating these reactionary idiots and potentially even working with them to channel their irrational babbling hatred into something useful like trying to stop idiots chewing up lanes.

If we were half as organised and vocal as this bunch we wouldn't have half the problems we have now.

Where's this from, and has anyone set them straight on the views of those of us who legitimately participate in our hobby? We should be educating these reactionary idiots and potentially even working with them to channel their irrational babbling hatred into something useful like trying to stop idiots chewing up lanes.

If we were half as organised and vocal as this bunch we wouldn't have half the problems we have now.

Agree 100%

Google returns this for GLEAM...........GLEAM :blink:

:)

Ian

found that one and applying a little thought I came to the conclusion that possibly this wasn't the responsible group :P .... although it did make me smile :lol:

possibly this might be the relevant site - We are dedicated to ensuring users enjoy the tracks they are entitled too by law

Anyone fancy infiltrating the group :ph34r: - from their mission statement we should be eligible to join....

Jeez,

reading their website I can't help but get so annoyed. Narrow minded ........ well, this ain't the forum for what I would normally say.

Nice to that "HRH The Duke of Edinburgh KG KT" the their patron - probably doesn't want anyone driving near his land, he'll be aiming for the horse riders next and walkers.

I hope what goes around comes around.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be in the outback :)

S

Well i will start by suggesting they get up on Exmoor and the Quantocks and get hold of the b***ers that chew that up almost every week, its now worse in certain sections on the Quantocks since it became a restricted byway, bikers and 4x4 alike.

These people are kidding themselves if they think that horse or horse and carrage use will not destroy lanes.

I have seen a lane that was unwalkable for years due to excesive horse use, it was only walkable once someone drove it and made some tracks to walk in.

I did not see any reference to the suggestion to ban walkers from the Peak District the other year due to the damage that they cause!

As was said at teh time of the Hunting ban (I'm not pro Hunting just anti anti's) once they have finnished with the Hunters they will come for the rest!

Mind you I'm getting married soon and SWMBO has access to the US or Aus. It's getting more and more likely.

Last year i got stopped by a National Parks guy for driving on a very large area of common land near us.

I let him rant and rave on for about 10 minutes before opening the back door of the landie and watching a few hundred sheep charging at us waiting to be fed. He immediately appologised, but maybe he could of asked first.

People are all too often too willing to judge before knowing the facts.