4x4Adventures Winch Challenge

JST

Guest WALFY

Cracking day. Perfect weather, and a very tough set of punches laid out. Or am I getting fat and lazy :o .

Good to see the marshals enjoying themselves. Apart from Mr Walker Who took great delight in verbaly abusing me all day :P:P .

Cracking day. Perfect weather, and a very tough set of punches laid out. Or am I getting fat and lazy :o .

Good to see the marshals enjoying themselves. Apart from Mr Walker Who took great delight in verbaly abusing me all day :P:P .

My pictures from today can be found here

I will look through the videos tomorrow but am still recovering from falling asleep and waking up with Britains Got Talent on the TV.

This might be one of the pictures that Mr Hobbit is referring to.

CIMG0093.sized.jpg

Ben

Well, that was a day (or 2!!)

After changing starter motors and batteries before leaving yesterday, we got to the side with a slight alternator problem.....thanks to Simonr and Mr Watts for suggsting we give the brush packs a good clean!!

Started the event about 10 minutes after everyone else and managed 2 punches before blowing a front diff. Finally got out of the second punch after 1.5 hours of body, snorkel and bumper modification!!

As Mr Lovejoy suggests, we couldn't fault the TDS. It just doesn't slow down under load - very impressive bit of kit!

Cheers to James and the sponsors for setting it all up and letting us amateurs enter!

A bad day for me and Dawn, we was out of it by 10.30 with oil and water on the outside of the engine instead of the inside. Thats to Matt for helping us out.

Bert and Dan had a few minor problems but managed to complete a full day for a change.

Has Lardy had a face lift, he looks much better looking than he used to.

Well we had a good day

Miles better than the last outing where it all went wrong.

I think we were one of just two H/T in the event and one or two T/Cs the rest it seems are becoming even shorter

Tray backs/king cabs chopped down.

the site had some of the deepest bogs we've seen for a while and the punches laid out to test everyone.

the photos Ben took of my car make me think why did we bother with a safety line, once we completed the punch

Jase set to, a few mins later a crash/bang and he was on his side(expertly recovered by His Co driver Rich)

I was glad we opted for safety :)

Total damage for the day:

x1 snapped rear winch rope

x1 completely removed door mirror

The level of entrants is getting better all the time and the event series developing well.

Be nice to see some more Pics that others have taken.

Really glad Invested in 12mm Bowrope as for the first time in a long long time the front winch rope stayed in tact all day, at times this was

the only thing from a bluddy great drop/accident. so worth the ££ all day long.

Lastly whoever was driving around at the woods with no exhaust silencers

how do you put up with that? if was giving me a headache from 100yds away :)

I think it was not a good day for our truck , we were down to 3 wheel drive by 10am , we had a roll over soon after winch and battery problems all day,and snapped a rope on the last punch .

But we both had a brilliant day, my new co driver worked very hard and gave me plenty of input which left me feeling knackered .

the SS was cracking , You have a good imagination James sometimes a bit twisted but it kept us happily singing nursery rhymes all the way round :lol:

well, quite a bad day for me, had winch motor problems on the front winch, would wind in but not out, and spent quite alot of time getting off the punch we were stuck on! luckily treebloke had a spare, so with that on we completed another 2 punches, where the alternator gave up and we ended up with flat batterys! so at 2 o'clock we were on the trailer ready to go home!

still a good day, gave us chance to watch for a while!

Ian

Cracking day had by me and my side kick Guyzer90 newish forum user thanks for making him feel welcome. Good to see all the old faces,my landy looked a bit sad amongst all the prep'ed trucks

James you are a very evil man which is great when not competing.

Walfy,that wasn't verbal abuse i was just encouraging you in my own special way :P

Just a quick note to say thank you to Anton from OEC and Simon from X-Eng for their kind sponsorship and representation on the day.

I haven't finished finalising the results yet (they will go out tomorrow) but currently no change in top 5 places for mod, std and std+1 are correct.

Modifed

1st Gittins and Morgan (Team Gigglepin)

Std +1

1st Webber and Walford

Std

1st Lowton and Alderson

To emphasis what the competitors have already mentioned here, thank you to the Marshalls; GBMud, Tangoman, Guy, HH, Matt, Kevin, Victor for your support and guidance (plus recovery services!)

A great day out, although quite a few mechanical issues, Red90 made 2mins in before blowing a prop on the access track!! More to follow.

Next event will be at Uplowman (Near Tiverton) on 14 Jun

Entries in for Murphy, Gittins and Cuff already - thank you.

And Nick your truck looks OK (just sort the tyres...)

post-53-1209320125_thumb.jpg

Good to see safety first there Tony .

Talking of which did anyone get any pics of my truck falling over , seem to remember plenty of cameras on the scene :lol::lol:

Jase

indeed as the first ones to have a go I decided a safety preferable to being squashed should it all go wrong :)

Mike took some pics on his phone

I'll ask him for them of your roll

Come on then James. What is the correct order for the colours of a rainbow. As the nursery rhyme didn't work

ROYGBIV is the order :)

worked fine except we found 3 knots in the rope as we were half way through, wasted 3mins of the 10 allowed sorting it

7ps next time

And Nick your truck looks OK (just sort the tyres...)

Bar for the wrong colour,, hey TANGOman :lol:

Another good event,, are the punches getting tighter :unsure: or is it the rangie getting bigger,, no straight panels left now :o