25th May – Driving day Hogmore Enclosure

jules

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Any news or updates for this event as it is the next one on the calender?

Steve

Yep

its on the 25th of may and its nr Bordon

I will add the grid refrance so people can find it when I have a chance to look it up.

SU786351

Its kinda hard to spot the entrances as its really just a gap in the bushes at the end of a fence.

Also if its wet be warned that the car park is definately NOT non 4x4 friendly, and its a very tight turn off the road on soft ground. You cant really get transporters in, and trailered vehicles will need to be towed by a good 4x4 as I've seen road going discos get stuck whilst trying to tow trailers into the entrance here if its wet!

Secondly there is large pikey campsite just over the road, so please ensure anything you leave in the car park is well bolted down or locked up!

Cheers

Jon

New site for shires yes.

Terrain is very much like slab common - its used by the army for tank training. Very sandy with lots of trees aswell. Some water, but the wet sand tends to quickly turn to quicksand. There are a few steep climbs too if you know where to look for them.

Turning is off hogmoor road, not off the a325 - type the above grid ref into multimap.

Cheers

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Note to all members attending

Lorries will not be able to access the site and 4x4's with trailers will struggle so please drive your off raoder to the event to save us all laughing at you getting stuck in the entrance :rolleyes:

Events officer

Well the entrance is here:

Clicky

Although last time I was there it was literally a hole in the hedge by the side of the road :o we'll need to stick some good signposts out.

IIRC when I attended with HBLRC a while back, the entrance is about 200ft south of the flag on the map - next to the fence that is running generally south west and parallel to the tank wash.

IIRC when I attended with HBLRC a while back, the entrance is about 200ft south of the flag on the map - next to the fence that is running generally south west and parallel to the tank wash.

Not that far down. Entrance is exactly Here.

I was there about a month ago setting out for comp safari - just inside the entrance is well chewed up by the tanks so you have to drive either side of their 'mush'. No chance of getting a lorry in - might even struggle with a trailer... On the plus side, they have installed a proper drop kerb now.

• 2 weeks later...

Another great SLRC Event.

For this event Jules was so desperate he asked me to be "Acting Chief Marshal" as Mike was "Unavailable for the day :unsure:

This scared Mike so much that he turned up - mit recently broken rib (now healing) to ensure I didn't cause havoc :lol:

Few pics form the day :

post-22-1211752635_thumb.jpg

Jules "Givin' it large" through a section a disco had to be winch out from :

post-22-1211752684_thumb.jpg

MJ Ibex Playing "Ducks" :)

post-22-1211752715_thumb.jpg post-22-1211752761_thumb.jpg

"Acting" Chief Marshals Also get it very wrong :lol:

Great Day, great company good fun, ....you should try it sometime if your local to SLRC :)

Nige

Big thank you to the marshals for all there help today

Ditto,

I had a great day also. Still can never work out where I am at Hogmoor though.

Nige, did you take anymore lake photos?

Cheers

Mark.

Didn't have that many from the day, but here's a few more :)

post-22-1211808357_thumb.jpg post-22-1211808370_thumb.jpg

Stuck Disco, the "I'll balance with one hand" pose... made me stop to take pics ... :lol:

Chance of a "Ooooer B*gger" type event was high....but he didn't :(:lol:

The 110 dispalyed 'text book' winch practice - chocked, sail, and hand signals,

Pleasure to watch...

post-22-1211808488_thumb.jpg

The site has a special "Icckle bit of water on silt" - you can walk on it

Shove a 90 or other 4x4 and it turns to porridge - The 'stucktion' power is HUGE

post-22-1211808629_thumb.jpgpost-22-1211808646_thumb.jpg

post-22-1211808688_thumb.jpg post-22-1211809292_thumb.jpg post-22-1211808706_thumb.jpg

post-22-1211808724_thumb.jpg

MJIbex goes swimming, ....the edges of the pond are 18inches ish, the centre 3-4 feet :)

post-22-1211808967_thumb.jpg post-22-1211808987_thumb.jpg

More Porridge playing....

Thats all mine 'reasonable' Pics, anyone got any more ? :ph34r:

Nige

Great day thanks to all who organised.

Found it more fun than Slab, seemed as if the sand was harder.

Photos to come just need to rob works bandwidth! :ph34r: also sending them to shirelrc gallery.

Got an excellant snail trail on my gps of the site so will have to see if I can go to other parts next time.

Thanks TJ ;)

Yes good day, forecast rain kept away and no side scraps thanks probably to the army, thanks also to the chap in I think the Ibex for the loan of the tree strop, saved a nasty wade if I'd had to dig mine out of the back, lesson learned in future strop on front of vehicle prior to start of play.

Probably new disc pads all round soon as it was well sandy.

Thanks to all the organisers and the burger van.

Cheers Bill