women vs men

Wifey comes from a really great family where you get someone to do repairs. In the beginning I was asked "why do you insist on doing things yourself" ...... answer was "cos I can" ...... got a remark back, "..... whatever blows your skirt up". :lol:

She enjoys the landy and don't mind the tinkering as long as I spend some time with her too.

I cant imagine paying anyone to do repairs on my landrover anymore. First of all becuase I can do it myself and save a fortune, but secondly, I dont trust most mechanics to do a good job and not mess things up. I paid once for an engine transplant and he made a right mess of it. The engine transplant I did next took me all of 1 weekend and was done perfectly without leaving the same mess the proper garage did.

I guess I'm pretty lucky with my other half.

She likes the Landie, often comes along for events and drives a Range Rover herself. It did take a lot of convincing and some mild pressure to get her to sell her little Japanese mini-van.

Only complaints I get are about the time spent tinkering and driving (which lately has been about every free moment I had) and ruining the lawn when parking. Parking on the driveway and leaving a muddy trail is no option either though. :ph34r:

the misses tolerates my spannering with little grumbling. Shes even been known to lend a hand. She was helping me remove the front wings and bulkhead a fortnight ago. She doesnt like it when i get grumpy at various components that refuse to come off though.

I guess i'm lucky!

I think my wife is an exception.

She drives a 110 SW TDI, likes going to LR events, has driven (as a novice) in the most scary RTV I have ever seen and has infinite patience with my tinkering in the workshop (with my comp safari coiler and XTZ 660).

1 in a million.

And hot too:-)

I think my wife is an exception.

She drives a 110 SW TDI, likes going to LR events, has driven (as a novice) in the most scary RTV I have ever seen and has infinite patience with my tinkering in the workshop (with my comp safari coiler and XTZ 660).

1 in a million.

And hot too:-)

i wouldnt be saying all that if i were you......all of us will be your best friend all of a sudden!!! trade ins are always available.... :rolleyes: its good though being able to tinker in peace.....im trying to convince mine i need a winch to help load the shopping..... :ph34r:

well im doing ok, i managed to fit a winch and new front bumper, as well as driving over 250 miles to collect them and she still hasn't noticed :lol: , she doesn't look at the truck too much these days. :blink::(

well the yesterday mine said "how long have those big flappy things been on the back of the landrover?" "the mud flaps have been on thier since we bought it."i replied. :( its just dissapointing i guess.......but still this proves to be of benifit to us!!!! like you have proved python!!!! at the moment shes saying the landy is to heavy on fuel to use compared to the passat,so we filled both of them up to do a test to see which ones best,i know what your all thinking but im ahead! see i hid 25 quid in the viser of the landy and have been putting a fiver in here and their! :P and ive thrashed the hell out the passat so the landys doing ace!! :ph34r:

thats true,you can just drive after them now!!!! :lol:

I have to smile as the shoe is on the other foot for me. My husband knows better than to interfer or offer well meant advice when I'm playing with my 90, I find that suggesting he goes indoors and plays on one of his six computers generally does the trick - geek!!! ;)

As for driving after other women, my landys to slow to keep up with the young fit ones!

well the yesterday mine said "how long have those big flappy things been on the back of the landrover?" "the mud flaps have been on thier since we bought it."i replied. :( its just dissapointing i guess.......but still this proves to be of benifit to us!!!! like you have proved python!!!! at the moment shes saying the landy is to heavy on fuel to use compared to the passat,so we filled both of them up to do a test to see which ones best,i know what your all thinking but im ahead! see i hid 25 quid in the viser of the landy and have been putting a fiver in here and their! :P and ive thrashed the hell out the passat so the landys doing ace!! :ph34r:

Ooooh, you are so going to get caught! I forsee a rather long stay in the spare room when you do too!!!