women vs men

:huh: You all need new women! ;):lol:

My other half (v8bertha) spends all his time now moaning because my Series is in the Garage (his Rangie's on the drive), the portal ends are in the kitchen and the doors are under the bed. Having a lady who likes cars isn't all good! :P Either that or men are impossible to please ;):lol:

think thats bad..? I get

"I want to play with the welders"

and.....

"can we respray my car?" or "Ive cut the floor out - lets weld a new one in" or "I really think I need new suspension" or my recent fave "I think we ought to save up for a tatra 6x6"

stick with eastender watching girls - its cheaper and less work :lol:

I've also had the one of why can't we put the lathe and mill in the living room! And a friend has recently got a Diamond T (world war 2 american tank transporter) and I've said for a long while that I would like a Scammell. My esteemed other half's comment is that I am allowed pretty much whatever I want so long as she has a big toy as well! Although she prefers steam power to diesel. Although I do have to say that she is far better at welding than me! :) And she refuses to let me anywhere near a vehicle with a paint brush. I am very good at making a flat panel into an artex work of art with only a tin of paint! :huh::lol:

It's nice having a significant other that likes oily things but it does mean that you have to share garage space. :unsure::rolleyes: Have decided that for our next house we really need an aircraft hanger and maybe a little bungalow or just a kitchen & bathroom in one corner! :P

Ed

I'm so glad I'm not alone.

My wife loves the fact that we can toodle off down the allotment and carry bags of compost and all sorts but when my clutch went she had the right hump and threatened to sell it, she wasn't even in the 90 when it happened!!

She likes me having it, saves us trashing the family car but complains like merry hell when I'm looking at the forum or fixing this and that

Can't win, but it could be worse I suppose

I didnt used to be into cars or mechanics atall. My wife would complain to me that she was the centre of my world and why cant I be like a noral guy and go join a club of have a hobby.. So I did. I bought a new MG ZS180 (this was back in 2002) and joined the Car Club on camp and soon learnt alot baout mechanics and "tinkering".

Next thing... "Why do you spend so much time on the car?" "If you want some attention from you I need to put MG tyre caps on my nipples or somthing?" I couldnt win!!

Anyway. Marriage was on the rocks for a while. I left the Army and found there was somthing missing in my life. I really didnt know untill I saw a Landrover parked in Somerfields carpark in Pocklington. i was parked next to it in my MG and then the owner came out with his shopping. I asked him if he wanted to sell it and hey presto.. the following month I was the proud owner of a 1985 90 and I suddenly realised what I was missing from the Army. I had taken Landovers for granted and didnt know till they were taken away from me.

So then I had a Landrover and an MG that took all my time away from my annoying, Eastenders, Corry, Brookside (when it was on) and what ever other TV soap you could think of, watching wife. We soon broke up (after I went to work in Iraq to get away from her) and I am now with a wonderfull girl who much as she isnt into the whole Landover thing... she loves how happy it makes me and will ask me...

"Do you want to go and spend a couple of hours working on the landrover?" To which I reply "why" And she says " Because I want to shave my legs and do my nails" :rolleyes:

i am very lucky that my significant other refuses to drive anything but a landrover.

i made her sell her old 200tdi disco and get a eurobox for the long commutes to work she did - and she played merry hell with me until i relented and bought her a D2.

She is also a wicked codriver on rtvs, really knows how to see a line and is quite happy to lean out the window spotting the canes for me!

BUT, she dont half moan about the time i spend in the garage. Unless of course she`s there too giving me a hand!

:i-m_so_happy: "Do you want to go and spend a couple of hours working on the landrover?" To which I reply "why" And she says " Because I want to shave my legs and do my nails"

:rolleyes:......Or would you like to go and work on the Landy?... So I can get you some pint.... A chilled one....?" Holalala.... :blink: I envy this one... Doubt if I will ever get this phrase.... :(

I can't really complain - the wife HATES the mess but is tolerant of time I spend working on the landies. She even quite likes driving the discos, but won't hardly even travel in the 90.

I get her to spanner monkey for me occasionally, usually when there is a bit of time pressure, and I swear she pretends to be useless to wind me up so that I don't ask, either that, and I'm ashamed to admit this, but I think as I start to lose my rag on the job more and more she gets a bit less of a fair deal.

How does the whole car mechanic rage thing work with you lot, coz as partners you can really lay into each other with no mercy, whereas I would bite my lip with a mate a lot more. I can't remember when working with mates that I was called a w***ker and asked any of them why they were being such a***les :mellow:

My girlfriend used to help quite alot with passing tools and holding spanners on nuts that I cant reach both sides at the same time. But now when I ask her to come and help her face changes instantly and she finds a reason why she cant.

These days I just trade a massage at bed time if she helps me with some difficult jobs in the day time :) Works almost every time :)

When she is helping me sometimes its easier to just get out from under and get the tool myself becuase I have to discribe the tool I need whenever its somthing she hasnt used before. But. To her credit. She has no problem with identifying socket/spanner sizes and her vocab has extended to:

Spanner, Adjustable, Socket, Extention bar, Ratchet, Drill, chuck key Drill bit (plus size), Hack saw, big hammer, small hammer, screw driver (cant her her to tell the difference between posi drive and straight), wd40, grease, Nut & bolt (she can tell the difference) :) , chissel, and.. errr. thats all I can think of just now.

She is also very good and searching my nuts and bolts box for the right size nuts, bolts, screws and washers. :)

I think I'm wining because she now wants to buy an old beetle and restore it her self (with my help) :)

I can't really complain - the wife HATES the mess but is tolerant of time I spend working on the landies. She even quite likes driving the discos, but won't hardly even travel in the 90.

I get her to spanner monkey for me occasionally, usually when there is a bit of time pressure, and I swear she pretends to be useless to wind me up so that I don't ask, either that, and I'm ashamed to admit this, but I think as I start to lose my rag on the job more and more she gets a bit less of a fair deal.

How does the whole car mechanic rage thing work with you lot, coz as partners you can really lay into each other with no mercy, whereas I would bite my lip with a mate a lot more. I can't remember when working with mates that I was called a w***ker and asked any of them why they were being such a***les :mellow:

thats my point exactly,mates dont hardly argue,drop a spanner on your mates wing by accident and its okay.....walk through the house with your shoe on and you can hear the bolt click on the rifle!! :o ......mind you they do put up with a lot,and after reading the posts and replys i guess we can push it from time time :rolleyes: the truth is our marriage will always be 3 ways.... :rolleyes: and i still love mine even if the oil light came on when i borrowed her car to pick up my filter housing for the landrover ;)

Reminds me why im single these days. In fairness to me ex-fiance she was a landy lover too, and enjoyed the 90 as much as i did but there is no way she'd have tolerated the time or money the D-Lander is costing!!!

After reading this lot, I'm really glad I still on my own & can do whatever I want with absolutly no earache from 'er indoors --- cos she doesn't exist here b:D

Western isn't it lonely?...... I learnt Lonely men die early.... :rolleyes: I must simply find some statistics to back this up.... And the worse part,,, you must sleep on the "wet" side,,, :huh: ( Me and my mouth.. i guess this is it :ph34r: I must drop dead and pull out some flowers :ph34r: )

Western isn't it lonely?...... I learnt Lonely men die early.... :rolleyes: I must simply find some statistics to back this up.... And the worse part,,, you must sleep on the "wet" side,,, :huh: ( Me and my mouth.. i guess this is it :ph34r: I must drop dead and pull out some flowers :ph34r: )

PMSL :lol:

The wet side huh.... :ph34r: (or is it just my dirty mind...)

:rofl: no wet side, I'm not lonely with you lot on here :blink: