Class of people?!?

V8david

Just a quick thought. Load of rubbish really. I also frequent the RR Forum on Landyzone.com and I've noticed that it's mostly P38s and even L322s no less. Whereas this forum is mostly Classics. Which I must say I much prefer. So my question is this...

Does this mean that it is a generally higher class of people on this forum?!?! :lol: Or, dare I say it... true enthusiasts?!? :lol::lol:

:( bracing myself for the kicking :(:ph34r:

It means that most of the 38A owners who post on here on other topics are competant enough to look after 38As without screaming for assistance over every little thing. Either they know competant mechanics who will do the job for them (and can afford to pay for the service), or they don't have any hold-ups about reading Workshop Manuals, so can 'fish for themselves', as I saw someone else put it.

V8David wrote "Just a quick thought. Load of rubbish really."

Yep, on reflection, you got that right.

Cheers

It means that most of the 38A owners who post on here on other topics are competant enough to look after 38As without screaming for assistance over every little thing. Either they know competant mechanics who will do the job for them (and can afford to pay for the service), or they don't have any hold-ups about reading Workshop Manuals, so can 'fish for themselves', as I saw someone else put it.

V8David wrote "Just a quick thought. Load of rubbish really."

Yep, on reflection, you got that right.

Cheers

Jesus David Sparkes! :blink: Supposed to be a joke! Bit of fun between all the technical stuff. Truth is i'd love a P38, and an L322, infact a few of each, and a bunch of Classics. Thing is I just love Range Rovers, they're vehicle perfection in my view.

I started the topic because my very good mate Gav (see above post) has just purchased a really nice P38 and I thought I'd start a "what's the best Range Rover" thread for a laugh to celebrate. And it worked, he couldn't resist!

So that's all it was David Sparkes, a bit of fun. But if i'm not allowed a bit of humour on here then I wont bother. I'll just stick to technical questions. In fact not even that. Don't want to come across as "screaming for assistance". Miserable git.

Cheers

p.s. Also David Sparkes, some of us are on a learning curve here and do ask questions about what you may consider to be 'simple' problems. Some of us haven't been working on cars for long. We're not all born with an encyclopedic knowledge of motor vehicles. Or would you prefer no questions? Would you prefer that the people who know, know, and the people who don't, don't. Door closed.

Jesus David Sparkes! :blink: Supposed to be a joke! Bit of fun between all the technical stuff. Truth is i'd love a P38, and an L322, infact a few of each, and a bunch of Classics. Thing is I just love Range Rovers, they're vehicle perfection in my view.

I started the topic because my very good mate Gav (see above post) has just purchased a really nice P38 and I thought I'd start a "what's the best Range Rover" thread for a laugh to celebrate. And it worked, he couldn't resist!

So that's all it was David Sparkes, a bit of fun. But if i'm not allowed a bit of humour on here then I wont bother. I'll just stick to technical questions. In fact not even that. Don't want to come across as "screaming for assistance". Miserable git.

Cheers

p.s. Also David Sparkes, some of us are on a learning curve here and do ask questions about what you may consider to be 'simple' problems. Some of us haven't been working on cars for long. We're not all born with an encyclopedic knowledge of motor vehicles. Or would you prefer no questions? Would you prefer that the people who know, know, and the people who don't, don't. Door closed.

WELL SAID V8DAVID I AM WITH YOU ALL THE WAY

I picked up my first Classic a few months back since then its been a good learning curve.

Yes we could all spend ages pouring over the workshop manual and I frequently do (to learn more about my car) but I don't see why people should have a problem with people asking questions, even stupid questions, as we've all been newbies at some stage and the great knowledgable ones should be happy to pass on their wisdom, I hope to one day. A quick question on here can save hours of reading and swearing.

By the way, I love my Classic and I think I'm hooked for life, maybe one day I'll afford a brand spanker

I picked up my first Classic a few months back since then its been a good learning curve.

Yes we could all spend ages pouring over the workshop manual and I frequently do (to learn more about my car) but I don't see why people should have a problem with people asking questions, even stupid questions, as we've all been newbies at some stage and the great knowledgable ones should be happy to pass on their wisdom, I hope to one day. A quick question on here can save hours of reading and swearing.

By the way, I love my Classic and I think I'm hooked for life, maybe one day I'll afford a brand spanker

Well said Dr W, that's exactly my point. I also pour over manuals before starting a job, but there's nothing better than asking someone who's actually done it. Also, being new to all this, the terminology used in the manuals isn't always easy to understand, in fact sometimes it's as simple as just not knowing what a word means. Still learning though, and loving it. Like you say I think I'm stuck on Range Rovers for life. Unless those person I'm not that keen on in Westminster ban them! :lol:

Love them all, but I will keep to my Nissan engined Classic cos I can fix it and there is no way I am lining the Main Stealers pockets for servicing a D3 or a L322 ! But they are like all LRs awsome machines when used for what they can do, shame is only about 1% seem to realise what they can do and I applaud all who do use them as they can be.

But if you want to be snobby about new LRs have a look at some of the threads running about the D3 jaunt to the lakes and the Old Coach Road, I am gobsmacked with some of the comments there about real ale drinking, beardy, Classic owners.

Yepp Iam all three :blink::blink::blink:

But if you want to be snobby about new LRs have a look at some of the threads running about the D3 jaunt to the lakes and the Old Coach Road, I am gobsmacked with some of the comments there about real ale drinking, beardy, Classic owners.

Yepp Iam all three :blink::blink::blink:

Can you post a link as I can't find

Blimey the arrogance of that '10forcash'!

My thoughts as well, don't want him in any group I take round !

Unlike the D3 owners I have met in the past, including my stepbrother all have been really nice and the machine is just well impressive, but if it depreciates at £20.00 a day on top of the servicing etc at a main stealer it's not for me. I will stick with my non depreciating (cos it's hit the bottom long ago) Classic RR thanks and I would bet it's progress against most other vehicles.

• 3 weeks later...
.... cos I can fix it

At least you only need a breaker bar, lump hammer and a few gallons of POR-15 & WD40 to fix a classic. :blink:

Now, with the others, its --- What the F does "1179" or "1177" :o mean and why do things stop working when I get them wet?