Bluddy Ramblers

white90

We have a bridlepath running along the hillside opposite our house, the weather has been wet and the ground is very soft, time to tread lightly??

well yesterday afternoon around 1300ish no less than 34 bobblehats wander along together stopping to be sodding nosey looking over to our house/garden taking pics...

I'd be less than suprised to see the ground chewed up!

what really gets my goat is early last year when a group of them decide to walk down my drive over my bridge heading for my garden(until I told them to turn around and leave)

finally I laugh when I drive the mineral line(road to my house) and watch their mainly miserable faces

looking troubled by my L/R probably annoyed anyone but themselves are on the roads in this picturesque area, often they have to move out of my drive so I can open the gate(now kept closed to avoid the above) to get into my drive to my house...

I may take up walking past thier houses where ever they may be and take pics of thier houses.

I may get a sign made up to show in the window "4x4 welcome boblehats please keep moving nothing of intrest for you here!" :)

Edited by white90

I may get a sign made up to show in the window "4x4 welcome boblehats please keep moving nothing of intrest for you here!" :)

Splendid idea :lol:

Electric fencing is probably good for dissuading them...

Also a PIR activated extremely high power sprinkler system in the garden might be beneficial ;)

lso a PIR activated extremely high power sprinkler system in the garden might be beneficial ;)

Guess a PIR triggered bird scarer might be a legit option and would make them jump. Or what about those focused sonic beam type things like the one recently used by a cruise ship to ward of pirates.

Bet JC would have some good ideas.

I have a similar problem on some 27 acres of land I own down the road a bit, its sort of a nature reserve (I like that kind of thing) and I dont mind peeps walking their dogs on it as long as they clear up. What I do object to is asking them to clear up and being told to p*ss off or when I fence bits off them pulling down the fence to walk there "because they have always walked there" they dont seem to understand the meaning of private property, and often argue with me that its common land not private! I have even been told that they will only clear up when I provide dog bins!!!! this is basically private agricultural land, how do you get through to thickos like that? Mind you the flasher I caught over there last October didnt hang about, if you'll pardon the pun!

I have a similar problem on some 27 acres of land I own down the road a bit, its sort of a nature reserve (I like that kind of thing) and I dont mind peeps walking their dogs on it as long as they clear up. What I do object to is asking them to clear up and being told to p*ss off or when I fence bits off them pulling down the fence to walk there "because they have always walked there" they dont seem to understand the meaning of private property, and often argue with me that its common land not private! I have even been told that they will only clear up when I provide dog bins!!!! this is basically private agricultural land, how do you get through to thickos like that? Mind you the flasher I caught over there last October didnt hang about, if you'll pardon the pun!

I had a similar problem with my land, if it is private property and not common land, then i would erect a post and rail fence the entire perimeter of you land not just post and wire, and then attach signs at various intervals saying "PRIVATE PROPERTY KEEP OFF TRESPASSERS WILL BE PROSECUTED" or some thing to that effect. Don’t fence in bridle paths. That sorted out the problem for me any way, but if the still persist you can try and call the police but they aren’t likely to turn up you can have a secondary fence 6ft away from the perimeter with razor wire BUT YOU NEED TO GET LEGAL ADVICE BEFORE YOU DO PUT UP RAZOR WIRE. With the state of our legal system if any one cuts them self on the Razor wire you will probably end up getting prosecuted even though they had to climb over a fence :huh: , if you don’t want to do anything that extreme, the get a cam-recorder and document the trespassers and try and get the prosecuted.

Putting up a post and rail fence stopped people coming on to my land,

Hope this helps tom

Edited by The new Guy

remind me never to upset you lot..........

Jas

Hmmmn - I was just thinking the same thing!

I think the strongly worded sign should do it, feeding the remains of ramblers to the pigs might be a tad extreme, all they did was walk on the garden and take pics! :blink:;)

I think needing to clean their clothes is fair retribution for trespassing though, "how unfortunate didn't you see the signs, you must have been mistaken for a participant, well never mind it's vegetable dye.."

then in case of a prolonged argument, you could say 'this friend of mine was saying recently what a good idea that sweeney todd had.." :lol: :lol:

I think the strongly worded sign should do it, feeding the remains of ramblers to the pigs might be a tad extreme, all they did was walk on the garden and take pics!

Its always an option for the more stubborn trespasser :P