The H.O.F.S. Ladoga 2008 Blog

HI Alexander.

Super with all them nice pictures both here and on your forum, with the event taking place so far away and at such a remote place it is almost as "live" coverage, wel done thumps up :rolleyes:

Kind regards

Ole.

Hi Ole.

I know that today they are more far from S-Petersburg. Because all their trip around Ladoga lake it's about 1200 km. =)

I have just spoken to Fridge on the phone from Camp 3/4 at the beach stage.......................... Jez is now 4th and Tapio 5th ............... yesterday they gained 28 minutes on the leaders............... we now need to await the results of the beach race.

Apparently the lead truck is a yellow fourtrack :blink: ...........................

The speed restriction of 30mph has now been lifted which now suits Mouse and the team tactics, so I suspect we will see a concerted effort to climb the leader board over the next two days............

Today was the beach with Kim driving ...............apparently Mouse was flying and they are expecting a good result B) .............. although Priit Aus was also going really well.................

The pictures we have seen of repairs etc are nothing serious.............. the Britpart wiper motor failed (stripped wheel box), problems with the difflock linkage (pillaged Fridges truck to fix) .............. and just general trail rash to fix...............

I will speak to Fridge again on Thursday.................

:)

Ian

Guest WALFY
Uh me love the colour sceme, even the waffelbords in yellow :P

I really did'nt know Mouse was that big, Jez looks so small in this picture.

Regards

Ole.

Mouse isn't that big. Jez is really a 2' pigmy :ph34r:

This Fourtrak (Rocky) was there last year in proto class, I guess it is the same one.

DSC01649.jpg

Yes maybe, but it must be a different crew from last year..............

Yuri Volkov / Sergi Zuyev (412 - Russian) are in the lead……………… Antanas Venkus / Ernestas Metriks (411 – Lithuania ) are second …………….. third I don’t know and dumber and dumb are 4th (UK)………….. Tapio 5th (Finland)

Ian

Hi,

is there a official website with images and results, too?

Two friends of mine are competing this year and I was trying to find some news and images.

Maybe, Alexander, if you happen to see the cars #309 (Fritz Becker) and/or #606 (Vitalji Ruf) you could take a shot or two?

Thanx,

Robert

Looking at the above document ……………….Jez is 4th ……………4hrs 11m behind the lead Car……….

The 19hrs for Priit is correct …………….. Notice the max stage time for him on stage 1………I guess he must have had some problems…………..that puts Priit into 6th place.

Jez is only 11m 29s ahead of Tapio in the Tomcat who is 5th………………

3rd is a difference of 27m 18s …………… and 2nd a difference of 1hr 49m 51s…………………..so I guess 2nd place could be achievable with excellent stage results on the 3 remaining stages…………… unless the leaders retire, then 1st looks to be out of reach………. Looking at the results, those guys are really flying…….

It looks like Leo & Benny are 2nd in tourist class ........................

Just had a text from Fridge................

"Long hard stage today, everyone a bit 2nd hand. we are just finishing servicing Mouse now at 2:30am. Think Jez got an OK time today. Tomorrow hopefully be even better"

Ian

Hi Guys.

I ended my English Version of Beach Racing from Ladoga Trophy. Here are a lot of pictures of this event. And here are some pics of team H.O.F.S :D

It was very hard day for all teams. but they were brave and courage. Also I have heard that today one of Russian cars (as I understand it was Defender) ðas turned over passing one of obstacles.With the navigator as I know everything OK, and the driver has damaged a leg. Guys slid downwards from mountain and their car has not fallen down nearly in water.

Full report http://avtokosmos.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27

post-8940-1212626084_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212626198_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212626453_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212626523_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212626552_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212626590_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212626626_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212626648_thumb.jpg

post-8940-1212626772_thumb.jpg