The H.O.F.S. Ladoga 2008 Blog

Mouse gets tweeked and goes out again for Vepski and hopefully Bezdna, I think we got to exploit maybe half of what its capable of - the rest will come with seat time and suspension tuning, the winches rocked - fast and unstoppable

Can't say how pleased I am to see Mouse is comming back and going to get another test drive. I loved the Izuzu powered RR and then Petal for their novelty, workmanship and attention to detail and still can't imagine how you could have then let go of such wonderful creations.

Great vehicles, great team and great result.

IMG_8011.jpg

Mouse gets tweeked and goes out again for Vepski and hopefully Bezdna, I think we got to exploit maybe half of what its capable of - the rest will come with seat time and suspension tuning, the winches rocked - fast and unstoppable

Well, fair doos Jez, seems like the greenlanning trip went OK :rofl:

Have you ever considered that your possibly just a F touch 'Barking' :) ?

Nige

Have you ever considered that your possibly just a F touch 'Barking' :) ?

Have you ever considered that your possibly just a F touch 'Barking' heavy :) ?

Top work fella but maybe you need to run around a bit, and let Kim the racing snake onboard <LOL>

coming from you fatboy? :lol:

its a finely tuned balance - Kim has the same ground pressure as the car so if he can walk on something then I can drive it, we need to make up for ballast in the cab to keep the sprung/unspring ratio in balance (thats my excuse :P )

trying to sort out some pics and vid stuff - eek

another fine week of bumps and lumps and a record low in mozzy atacks for me i think! only a wrist so swollen it broke the wrist band:/ not bad for a week tinkering although perhaps a revision on some of those oval parts in the equation is needed given the failure rate! Zuk is now parked up and being given a few days respite after muchos mullering, comp safari pah! try 14 minutes to get to camp/stage or wherever on same amount of minutes, how you slept through that drive jez i will never know!it was dark i suppose! breathers with catch tanks on everything perhaps not that you drove it hard though it was just the running in period:p still searching for the sleep that is missing. Flower Power all the way!!

can we go again already, some bad news in that it seems i need a cage if i want to do finland trophy:(

ah Little Kimi giving it larger than he expected me thinks? will try to pin him down about a cage, only 10e a mtr for the tube?!?!?!? then has to have a 2mm steel plate over the cab area. if you get bored you could make a little mini mouse body so i can put it on the mini RC truck i have to build

he knows what subtlety means now ;) I think Vinny might have developed a degree of respect for it as well after his "moment", got a few hours of stage vid to chew up - some of its pretty funny :lol:

I think for Fin rules you can put 3mm ally over the cab as well, Kimples got all the toys to do the job

I'm back in civilisation (Leo's house), almost home unlike some of these part-timers who are already back and enjoying reality :P You can even see the trucks on Leo's webcam.

Thanks to all for the comments, I know where you all live you know... <_<

Thanks to Aleks and family for the awards and the photos / reports, apologies we were all a bit too busy to really stop and chat, maybe next year we'll have more time :unsure:

Journey from Rostock was fun, so much weight in the 109 the front wheels are hovering an inch off the floor :o German feds were unimpressed with the lack of trailer lights so I had to do a bit of emergency sparky work at 2am, all told I rolled into Leo's at 6am - to a warm and friendly welcome and a comfy bed. It's been said before but it's all about the team and I don't think you'll find one stronger.

Mouse, myself and the 109 should roll into Harwich at 8pm tomorrow, if anyone wants to make the pilgrimage to the roundabout of blue marbles to say hello and collect some genuine Ladoga mud (50p per lump, all proceeds to the 109 fuel fund) you're more than welcome.

Well done! :) Great result when considering the lack of time to get the truck ready, your very lucky to have an army of people to help get the truck ready.

Look forward to having a good look at billing, (might steal a few ideas :D ) I might have to come along to ladoga next year, it looks like alot of fun.

Journey from Rostock was fun, so much weight in the 109 the front wheels are hovering an inch off the floor :o

I have told you to put the spare wheel on the bonnet ;)

Hello trouble - glad you ok :) and slept a little bit. Going to tidy the lab to make space for Mouse - it looks like a b.o.m went of in there.

Speak to you soon - do you want dinner?

Zuz

why doe the back of that Terrano (?) to the right of the 109 look caved in?

It's a trick of the light - although Gerda may have had a small reversing incident that cracked a rear light, but we won't mention it... much :P

Leo says everyone's welcome to pop over tonight to have a beer in his garden and look at the cars, probably only feasible if you're already in mainland Europe but potentially doable from the UK if you apply some wellington ;)

Speak to you soon - do you want dinner?

Zuz

Zuz,

Yes, Jon wants the bacon & sausages that were in the fridge before you left 2 weeks ago :rofl:

Mind you, he didn't seem best pleased when I spoke to him on the phone last Friday night .............. especially when I casually mentioned that my Fish & Chips were getting cold :lol: ......................... he questioned my parentage and told me to go a way in short jerky movements :lol: .................so I guess its fish n chips on the way home.

:)

Ian

Jez,

Once you've had some sleep, cigarettes, bacon sarnie, and are back home, you need to let me know what you want to do about Billing. I'd heard some suggestions about what was occurring but it seems they may have not been 101% correct.

Ryan

I thought Mouse was supposed to be on the back of your disco zuz? it seems strangely absent, or did you already come back in it?

Mark,

No my Disco stayed in Finland so we have a tow car when going back to do some more races.

I have to say - It was the only Land Rover that did not miss a beat !!!! :ph34r: hihihi - she did briliantly - so a big thank you to all the guys who helped to make her good!!! :i-m_so_happy:

got some incriminating pictures to post later

Got some extreme off road towing picks too but cant put them on :( need an adult to do it for me....

Ian - trust me - there was nothing left in the fridge on the farm - we were living on biscuits and charity donations for the last week - lol

Jen - your fridge was a god send - used and abused - did well and make the longdrink and beer really cold !!

:lol:

should roll into Harwich at 8pm tomorrow

:( And how are we meant to do that if our evil bosses won't let us out until 6pm? Very inconsiderate ferry timings, you could have picked a weekend :angry:;):lol:

Will be great to see you back dude, we have to all do a beer/pizza/photo session please! B)

did well and make the longdrink and beer really cold !!

I'm glad you used it for its true use, the 'keeping food cold' is just a cover story really! :blush::lol:

Will be great to see you back dude, we have to all do a beer/pizza/photo session please! B)

Well he has to drop Mouse in the lab?

I'm glad you used it for its true use, the 'keeping food cold' is just a cover story really! :blush::lol:

Jen - I call it soul food - as important as food food :lol: