The H.O.F.S. Ladoga 2008 Blog

It does not matter how far ahead the others may look, you push and push.

It only takes something silly to stop a car and if it is as hard as they say it is, then that could be just round the next corner.

This now the section of the event were build quality starts to show and when people start to have problems.

Now is were quality overtakes muscle.

I wish them Luck.

Jim

@Hendrik: Fritz is a funny guy but i am suprised he is not using the other car as i am sure he only did a Diff in Croatia?

Ok it was a mog diff, But...... :lol:

@Hendrik: Fritz is a funny guy but i am suprised he is not using the other car as i am sure he only did a Diff in Croatia?

Ok it was a mog diff, But...... :lol:

as they had a few weeks between croatia and ladoga to repair, there probably was more wrong than just a diff I think...

maybe we'll get an update on that when the HOFS guys are back.

H.

Argh! No!

Hopefully the engine will survive this? Surely the amount of uncompressible water entering the cylinder is small so internals should be OK?

Come on Ian, you're the V8 guru, give us a prognosis before we go into mourning! :(

Argh! No!

Hopefully the engine will survive this? Surely the amount of uncompressible water entering the cylinder is small so internals should be OK?

Come on Ian, you're the V8 guru, give us a prognosis before we go into mourning! :(

Well............ the water must have been F'kin deep................

Normally the water sinks to the bottom of the tank right where you draw the fuel from, so it stops almost immediately............ its certainly not as bad a taking water directly through the air intake.

The big issue is going to be pump damage ............... also the injector lines and filters will need to be cleared................ not an easy task when you are up to your eyeballs in sh!t.

Right now, I am very hopeful this is not terminal, but it WILL take time to fix.

I cant remember if Jez put a drain plug in the tank sump ? ............... if he did then life will be much easier as they have on board air to blow the lines out.

:(

Ian

Just been talking with the camp to get some live coverage........................... :)

Mouse kept on going despite draining a lot of water from the tank .................. the guys only lost a couple of hours on the stage so it looks like they may be 5th now (behind Tapio .................. that wont go down well) :rolleyes:

They are now back at camp and cleaning out the fuel system. The problem was caused by the fuel cap being knocked open, and then they forded a river that was to the top of the exhaust :blink:

The second pump has not been used so Jez's ideas on resilience and in built redundancy are spot on............... ;)

Benny & Leo are on top of the world as they had a good stage time in tourist class .................. I think they may be in the lead now

Yay……….the latest results are now out…………… The team is still in 4th place B) with Tapio 3rd …………. Taps has a little over 2 hour lead on them…………… 412 is still in the lead and now has 6.5hours on Jez and the team…………

Priit (424) & 405 had max stage times …………….. so 405 has dropped from 3rd to 5th and is now nearly 4 hours behind Jez ……….

:)

Ian