The H.O.F.S. Ladoga 2008 Blog

Well done! :) Great result when considering the lack of time to get the truck ready, your very lucky to have an army of people to help get the truck ready.

Look forward to having a good look at billing, (might steal a few ideas :D ) I might have to come along to ladoga next year, it looks like alot of fun.

ahh see theres the difference - I dont have an army, Im just part of one :)

come and play - It'll be fun, you may need a new winch beforehand though ;)

Fridge - head for Lab, dump stuff, crash at ours, food ready - Minstrels set to stun, no shovel required :i-m_so_happy:

Mark,

No my Disco stayed in Finland so we have a tow car when going back to do some more races.

Now, zuz, I know you are not only protoprincess, but also queen of logisitcs, but even I know that the tow car needs to be somewhat closer to the thing needing towing than that... Basingstoke? Finland? That's one hell of a tow rope.... :P :P

I have to say - It was the only Land Rover that did not miss a beat !!!! :ph34r: hihihi - she did briliantly - so a big thank you to all the guys who helped to make her good!!! :i-m_so_happy:

got some incriminating pictures to post later

Good to hear it made it through! :D started taking mine apart last night :(

Good to hear everyone is back!

Now, zuz, I know you are not only protoprincess, but also queen of logisitcs, but even I know that the tow car needs to be somewhat closer to the thing needing towing than that... Basingstoke? Finland? That's one hell of a tow rope.... :P :P

Now - you should know that nothing is left to chance - FF has been already recruited together with little Dave to go to a BBQ at Leos with a little detour to Rostock ;) in a couple of month time - just enough time to let him recover and drink his russian alcohol supply :blush:

Zuz - see you at the lab, not sure what time - 50mph max speed with all this weight (at least Mouse is lighter than Roope's junk :ph34r: ) from there, who knows - if I'm not totally dead I may just steam home and crash into my own bed for a week or so :lol: although pausing for minstrels does make more sense ;)

Jen - You can meet halfway at the lab. Beer & Pizza & photos session is doable although with my current situation I can only just stretch to bringing the photos part of the deal - the joys of the UK banking system when experienced from abroad <_< lost my login so have no idea of the true horror of the financial carnage ocurring in my account for the last month :o only three or four tanks of fuel from home but that may be a few too far :blink: Mouse will be wherever the money runs out!

Jen - You can meet halfway at the lab. Beer & Pizza & photos session is doable although with my current situation I can only just stretch to bringing the photos part of the deal

Don't worry, I can do beer - still have left overs from Eastnor... ;)

can meet halfway at the lab.

Oh the shame :( I realised I'm due at a 'girly cinema night' tomorrow :( As my first ever 'girls night out' in Hampshire (ever?) I think if I bail out and the excuse has anything to do with Land Rovers I would be killed. Slowly. :( The bugger is I've got ot put cones out for lining contractors as well...so guess what I'll be doing at midnight tomorrow <_<

Beer & Pizza & photos session is doable although with my current situation I can only just stretch to bringing the photos part of the deal - /

Like that's ever been a problem - I have a good tip of for a good cheap local butcher so a BBQ may well be on the cards - I can do food, Ryan can bring beer - you (and Jez/Zuz/Vinnie?) bring photos B) Let me know when you guys are available if you fancy it, if not we'll just come up to the lab to annoy you :ph34r::lol:

If there's any problems tomorrow and you can't get hold of Jez - ring Dan, he'll be working in the garage so available for towing should he be needed :)

Anyway, back OT (sorry!) welcome back dude! B)

(p.s. are the diffs ok :unsure:;):lol: )

he knows what subtlety means now ;) I think Vinny might have developed a degree of respect for it as well after his "moment", got a few hours of stage vid to chew up - some of its pretty funny :lol:

I think for Fin rules you can put 3mm ally over the cab as well, Kimples got all the toys to do the job

yup 3mm ally or 2mm steel, aw ra best with the haul John almost there now!!

Cheers Jen - I'm not sure this week is a goer, I'm planning on being asleep for as much of it as possible :P Just got a DVD of Benny & Leo's pictures, will have to collect all the offerings from the team, sort through them and compile a CD or we'll be looking at photos forever! I've got four hours of video (mostly the support route) to go through, plus loads of stuff on my camera... eeeh it's a busy business :lol:

Jen your diffs are doing great thanks :P will have to sort out their refurbishment and return at some point!

(BTW Jez / Jamez / Miko shout if you need FTP details to upload piccies)

Yep that's got to be a diesel , everyone knows V8's won't run near water :P .....amazing the way that sounds just like a V8 though ;)

..So come on Jez tell us how much of that Russian fuel did you get through?

John, I'll pop down and say hi tomorrow, I'll either be at the blue spot of eternal oneness or the gate. If you want to break the trip you are welcome here, plenty of space and a safe park up for it all.

Great event and write up of the build, it's been enthralling from start to Finnish ;)

Cheers

Steveb

Don't worry - wasn't thinking of this week - just an 'as and when/if', if not there's always Billing B)

Jen your diffs are doing great thanks

Woo! :) Well I was planning on getting the refurbed anyway (as you know) so no need to worry too much. I don't need them quite yet anyway! :lol:

Safe journey.

we didnt use that much fuel Steve, on the road Mouse gets into the low to mid 20's mpg wise. if you press the volume pedal then it can drop big time. In combat mode its still pretty good. Theres so much grunt available and the gear ratios work so nicely that you can waft around on tickover through tight forest and carry stupidly high gears on firetracks that the only time you need to give it a prod it when it gets nasty, on balance fuel consumption come out to be a marginally worse (but still very livable) than Petal Evo. We cant have a super thirsty monster because of events like Vepsskii - range is everything and trying to balance out power with fuel payload is a fun game to play, I think we got it about right.

manual or auto? after this tour its a no brainer for us.

I know that discussion of social calendars is important business but can we please try to keep to the topic at hand - at least the details which might be of interest to non-Shire club members too?

Thanks peeps.

Chris

I know that discussion of social calendars is important business but can we please try to keep to the topic at hand - at least the details which might be of interest to non-Shire club members too?

Thanks peeps.

Chris

:( We are keeping on topic - it has now been established that Mouse will be available for "wieving" at Shires stand at Billing :P

and if possible we will have a litle knees up somewhere :) before ......lol

soz Chris - everyones on a bit of a knackered/buzzing high yo-yo at the mo

will get pictures sorted as soon as laptops come back and the dusts been blown out of them :)

If anyone is consdering going next year - dont for gods sake do what we do, start planning and working NOW!! it'll make life a whole heap easier :)

manual - infinite control and feedback, survivability, repair when/if it goes wrong

auto - erm :unsure: they sound nice behind a loud piped motor

its horses for courses and what suits some wont suit others but any doubts in my mind disappeared this year.

I popped down to Harwich last night to meet FF back from Holland and had a good chat. Mouse attracted quite a lot of attention....one guy pulled up and asked if John had just done the Paris-Dakar, another in a LWB Sh*gun screeched to a halt and reversed up for a good look.....must be the yellow paint that makes it stand out :P

Some photo's attached ;)

Cheers

Steveb

post-1339-1213343126_thumb.jpg

post-1339-1213343175_thumb.jpg

post-1339-1213343228_thumb.jpg

I can see Kims parking hasnt improved :lol:

John got to ours about 1 and a bit AM, Mouse now back in the lab and John tucked up in the spare bed snoring for Queen and Country,

the clean-a-thon starts this weekend, nothing major to do in terms of repairs - new mudguards, post stage service, rain hat for the snorkal took a bit of beating and looks a bit tired, the boot needs a fettle, new airfreshener and one of the cupholders squeeks now...

......ah yep, and fix those 'kin windscreen wipers :lol: