AWDC - Walter Arena - Post Event

JST

Just to say thank you to Neil and his team for a top event yesterday, excellent punches on a great site with some good new sections, and good use of the old sections with more than enough to keep us occupied! Seven Sisters is not the easiest to control or marshall either but the guys did a sterling job - well done,

Nick and i thoroughly enjoyed ourselves despite a few mechanical issues on the day! Even Adrian had a smile on his face at the end of the day which had replaced the expression of despair being displayed after scrutineering as he was still looking for a codriver!!!!

Did Pig not turn up then ? :o

I was expecting a text to say get my butt down there pronto :rolleyes: , after speaking to him on Friday night but as he never did I pressumed he was sorted... :blush:

Mind you I'd had to cough up my membership to the AWDC as it seems to have lapsed....sure it was DD !

Who took their life into their hands for him in the end ?

Glad everyone enjoyed the event and made it home safely

Results are now posted

HERE

I hope those that stayed for the Sunday enjoyed seeing some of the club's other disciplines and drivers in action :blink:

Excellent event, really enjoyed it. Thanks to all for their hard work making it possible.

Bit gutted at our dismal attempt at the special. Didn't think it would be a great time as the winch spools out quite slowly. Then it went from bad to worse when we realized we were about 40 feet short on rope and didn't have enough strops etc to even get close to the furthest pile of tyres:( .

Don't suppose anyone on here has pics/video of our Roll????

Hope to be back for another Howling wolf very soon.

Don't suppose anyone on here has pics/video of our Roll????

My sister got a great sequence of the lie down and i'll put it up with the rest of the pics, probably tomorrow evening.

Had a good weekend, makes a change doing the event on Saturday! Enjoyed the trialling on Sunday...

Great weekend for us again, I really like the terrain at Walters Arena and as always the organisation was fantastic.

The punch next to the waterfall was scary, but great fun :P

It was nice to see a bit of comp safari action on sunday, I think we should have some special stages that are set out like a comp safari with a bit of winching in them :D like the oz challenge guys & girls do.

Lookin forward to the pics ;)

Well what could have been a wasted journey, turned out ok in the end :rolleyes: As some will no, it all started with Pigster firing a nail through his finger on friday :o:rolleyes: feeling that he would be ok in the morning i set off........ only to get a call saying ''Sorry, no can do''...........

So i spend saturday morning asking, anyone/everyone if they no anybody hwo can do it....... just then steve90's mate Jon pull's up, before he can say ''no-way'' he's in the passenger seat and signed on :P

we had a very good event, not as quick around the site as normal, but we did not disgrace ourselves, as we had only just met.........and not a cross word all day :o<_< so that's where we went wrong ;)

Well done to Neil and the team, and thank's once again Jon for stepping in, see you all at the next round.....

It was nice to see a bit of comp safari action on sunday, I think we should have some special stages that are set out like a comp safari with a bit of winching in them :D like the oz challenge guys & girls do.

Bit of a dissapointing weekend for us with a breakage very early on but it was good to watch everyone else. I have to agree with you Chris in that i enjoy the special stages to be achievable to all but against the clock which makes a more fun stage and is good for spectators ( now they are worth less points and rightly so) ;)

It was nice to see some of the Challenge as I walked the safari course. Interesting how two branches of the same sport can be so different, most of the safari people admiring the machinery but unable to see why anyone would want to do it for fun, and no doubt vice versa. :unsure:

superb weekend, and another good result! must be more than lucky now! thanks to everyone who helped sort it all out. i think us challenge boys could show them safari boys a thing or two tho!!!

Well done Chris & Simon.

I have a spare 2 door rangey Classic windscreen if it will fit .

Look’s lick our class has ternd back into a team event. :(

Well done Steve, wpould guess you are pleased with 2nd ,,,,that couple of weeks Mark had away, obviously did him wonders !!!

Real pleased but it smarts a bit to have the most punch's then a real bad special. If I'd have known we didn't have enough rope to reach the tires we would have done the trial type special, Only reason we didn't go for it in the first place was I am so afraid of breaking shafts these days I thought it best not too. Easy to be wise after tho!

Just on with the after event repairs,

One gearbox mount,

One heavy duty unbendable, bent steering track rod,

One winch alternator, but managed using engine one with some clever electrickery diversions,

One sticking brand new genuine starter motor, and auto's don't bump up even down those long hills at Walters arena,

Sump gasket, which is a pleasure because I thought it was rear crank seal dripping down bellhousing,

Another severn gallons of Shell optima, these V8's are quite thrifty really,

This speed section stuff sounds expensive, but good fun.

Nearly done