Inclinometer

Anyone got one - any good, much fun or what?

Also, does anyone know where I can get one that isnt dash top mounted, but rather screws to the front of the dash? Might be looking for summat as rare as rocking horse pooh, I fear...........

:lol:

Think I smell rocking horse poo on that one graham...Maybe get the dash top mounted one which is about £15 odd and modify it to go on the front, Cant see it being that hard to do?? Take off the little stand that it comes with and get some Really strong double sided tape on the back??? Or am I being rodger the bodger!!!

If you are looking at an inclinometer on a side slope, then you are not looking ahead for down slope holes that your wheels could drop into and allow you to see the full range of movement on the inclinometer :) Read the track ahead of you and trust your sphincter. You don't need an inclinometer :)

Mo

I agree with Mo; just for poseurs. :)

Or those of us who're quite bad at judging side-slopes :ph34r:

That said the one I had never made it back into the truck after the rebuild and I've not missed it. I suspect most sane people give up well before they hit 45deg as side-slopes always feel worse than they are. More so in a taller vehicle, at least I think so :rolleyes:

No, you don't need an inclinometer .................... they are a bit like an oxometer and they measure bullsh!t...........

On a sideslope you will have brown stains long before you reach even 25 degrees .....................putting challenge driver to one side for a moment, generally the driver will bottle out long before the capabilities of the vehicle are exceeded................

In terms of climbing and descending ................... most drivers will bottle out long before 45 degrees ............... 60+ degree descents still make me pucker a little especially if littered with trees .................

:)

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

If you want a neat unit to stick in the top corner of the windscreen, go to your local yacht sales place and you will find all sorts of different models there.

It is amusing to have, but your butt is better. If you feel your cheeks getting stretched apart, it is hopefully because you are on a steep sidecast - this is the time to think about fitting a roll cage and seat covers !