Replacing rear shocks

What do I need to replace jsut my rear shocks?

I've just rang Paddocks to see if the shocks come with the bushes, they said it depends if they are in the box when it gets delivered :unsure: Not that helpful.

So i'll order the two shocks, and then is it just the upper and lower bush each side?

Thanks

Id say it would be rude not to include bushes with shocks :lol: What make from paddocks did you have in mind? I recently ordered de carbon from paddocks for the front shocks and the steering dampner, and they came with bushes. So id assume the rear shocks would have bushes (for de carbon at least)

Guest diesel_jim

Yup, just the rubbers and the large washer things:

post-130-1214828064_thumb.jpg

part numbers:

14) hex head M12 nut NY112041L

13) retainer,outer NRC5603

2) bush,upper NRC5593

12) retainer,inner NRC5602

4) washer,damper lower fixing 500746

3) bush,damper mounting,lower 552818

5) washer,damper lower fixing NRC6235

Remember that part 5 (NRC6235) needs to be a dished washer with a lip to fit into the hole on the axle bracket. I ordered a pair of ProComp shocks and allof the washers were the same. This means that the bottom of the shock isn't located very well and ends up wearing the bracket and the shaft of the shock away (hence I was replacing mine!!) Luckily there were some spares lurking in the garage where I was doing the work!!

In short....... The ProComps came with all the bushes and the right number of washers, but not all the washers were the right type.

HTH

Adrian

Guest diesel_jim
diesel jim, where can i get the software that has all the info and piccys on like you've got?

You can either download it (from green oval in this case...bottom of page, and the manual is also handy,above the link), but if you're on dialup, it could take a while.

Or i can burn you the discs when i get 5 minutes and fling them in the post (unless anyone else jumps in first)

Occasionally :P

They might say they have them when in fact they don't, so your money goes through the sound barrier into their account and then you wait......................................................... :(

Some companies advertise genuine, but then send you 'white box' tat, which they claim is 'the same as genuine' - thereby ripping you off.

Les.

Guest diesel_jim

I'ev got a pair of delivery milage standard one here off of a 110 if you're interested.

i got them from dunsfold, with a pair of equally new springs, but i only wanted the springs.

apparently they've got about 20 miles on them.

your's for £15 the pair. (i think there's the nuts/washers/bushes on them, if not i've got some nice yellow ones from a set of old OME's i had!)

"I've just rang Paddocks to see if the shocks come with the bushes, they said it depends if they are in the box when it gets delivered"

Not sure i'd bother buying anything from them with an attitude like that.

If we answered a customers questions like that, we'd be hung, drawn and quartered, and rightly so.

I'd take my money elsewhere.

Occasionally :P

They might say they have them when in fact they don't, so your money goes through the sound barrier into their account and then you wait......................................................... :(

Some companies advertise genuine, but then send you 'white box' tat, which they claim is 'the same as genuine' - thereby ripping you off.

Les.

Im in agreement with les, Just look for a topic a few weeks back on crappocks, put john craddock landrover in the search engine, Really everybody deserves a chance just tread very carefully with craddocks, A lot of members on here have had very bad experiances with them.

By the way people, If you remember my topic about craddocks( the one I got slated on for my grammer :P ) Well you know I bought through ebay to craddocks and they messed me about with the brake lines etc etc Well yesterday they left me positive feedback saying good transaction on ebay :lol::lol: They still dont know anything about the order :( Even after the manager phoned to inform me they were wasting my time lol

They wouldn't have been my first choice, as Britpart gets a bad name by and large, but I put a set of britpart gaz shocks on the missus' disco along with some britpart HD springs and to be fair, the ride and handling is fantastic. I have to admit that the ride is better than genuine HD springs and Terrafirma shocks on my 90.

Try MM4x4, highly recommended for service and delivery http://www.mm-4x4.com/suspension-146-c.asp