AWDC - West Harptree Aftermath

JST

Congratulations to the winners, especially John and Carl for taking 2nd in Class 1. A really enjoyable event despite Alan's early exit in the morning.  Here are a few of the pics I took before we set off for the long journey home, the rest are on the following link (if I've done it right):

Jenny's Pics

post-4964-1221484674_thumb.jpgpost-4964-1221485984_thumb.jpg

post-4964-1221484835_thumb.jpgpost-4964-1221484862_thumb.jpg

post-4964-1221485563_thumb.jpgpost-4964-1221484914_thumb.jpg

post-4964-1221484967_thumb.jpgpost-4964-1221484994_thumb.jpg

post-4964-1221485028_thumb.jpgpost-4964-1221485820_thumb.jpg

post-4964-1221486117_thumb.jpg

post-4964-1221484720_thumb.jpg

post-4964-1221484810_thumb.jpg

Great event, thanks to all involved again,

especially the pig Saturday night, he went down well,

many thanks to Mr Kemp for the long tow back to the trailer when the injection pump gave up the ghost,

perhaps it was another victim of the Kirton water,

and sorry to the Carol the Boss for demolishing SS1, fancy putting a tree there, I ask you,

but when it's doing a bit the V8 I can't hear the lad so clear, so we use a sort of teleprathy to communicate,

but it's carp cause he's got a stutter. :D:P

See you all up North at the best site, Tong

as before, another superb event, a big thank you from chris and i to neil and team for organising it all, to the marshals for their work over the weekend and to gigglepin for sponsoring the round and laying in some awesome prizes and some good looking pictures for us all to look at, cant read whatever language it was tho!

so thanks to jim at GIGGLEPIN and if anyone feels that they need anything i would recomend his services. especially for the unrivaled performace of the (now freespooled) twin motor 8274.

cheers guys. see you at round 7.

so it was you was it... it was dark I couldn't see anything... :lol:

:unsure:

Great event, thanks to all involved again,

especially the pig Saturday night, he went down well,

many thanks to Mr Kemp for the long tow back to the trailer when the injection pump gave up the ghost,

perhaps it was another victim of the Kirton water,

and sorry to the Carol the Boss for demolishing SS1, fancy putting a tree there, I ask you,

but when it's doing a bit the V8 I can't hear the lad so clear, so we use a sort of teleprathy to communicate,

but it's carp cause he's got a stutter. :D:P

See you all up North at the best site, Tong

Like Simon W, said great event! West Harptree is a small site and to set a challenge there to keep us all busy in no easy task, So big thankyou to the AWDC ;) Also another big thankyou to Gigglepin 4x4 for Sponsoring the event and Simon and I. :) We have been using the Bluetooth headsets for the last 3 events and they do make a huge diffrence.

I'll be in the passenger seat at the next 2 rounds in Simons truck, might stick my winch on his truck though!

Well from a spectators point of view it was great. Lambs liar as it's known locally it a great little chassis bashing, and cab bashing! venue.

Got in on a few bits of the action, taking the michael out of adrian and helping penfold stay on 2 wheels after his flop over!

Great team spirit between you lot!

Ref the marshal - its was interesting to see them radio in infringements i saw Adrian pick one up one on a punch that they radioed in whilst we were.... (taking time out...)

nothing wrong with radioing it in but it would be have been nice to have told them i would have thought. you never know you can get vindictive marshals who could radio in anything without speaking to the team to point out their mishaps (not that marshals are vindictive or anything before i get lynched!)

On this point, we picked up 100 penalty points at Kirton without being told by the marshall. When I spoke to him several days later, he said we knocked over several posts and rope and that is why we got the penalty. If he had told us we could have pointed out that it was like that when we arrived even though we were first in the punch, it was not done by us. Why would we risk spending all that time to get a punch only to loose the points for not re-erecting the ropes. It never occurred to us that we would get penalties for something we didnt do. I can understand the marshall thinking we had trashed the rope and driven off but if he had asked, we could have put him straight. They probably dont tell us to avoid a potential conflict but its hardly fair.

Speaking as a regular event marshal, there are times when the gob full of abuse you stand to get from a competitor makes it preferable to avoid telling them at the time. I am sure that nobody mentioned in this thread would do so, of course. :)

Chris

There were a couple of people with bluetooth communications, i have found where to get the helmet ones that Chris Able was wearing, does anyone know where to get the headset type ones?

Not to sure, i'll bet nick or james will be along to help out on that front :P

What happened to you at the weekend??? how did you get on with the new tyre's/axle's???

Not to sure, i'll bet nick or james will be along to help out on that front :P

What happened to you at the weekend??? how did you get on with the new tyre's/axle's???

Hmmm. The rear caliper decided to seperate itsself from the axle and rotated with the disc, hence loosing all brakes (not normally a problem as i don't know what that pedal is for anyway) but in doing so it took the head off all of the MILD steel bolts that hold the end of the portal in place! As i don't carry UNC bolts i had to retire AGAIN!

I have ordered some HT bolts and will be fitting as soon as i find my dummy again.

Seriously considering going back to what i know of axles i have rebuilt but we'll see

There were a couple of people with bluetooth communications, i have found where to get the helmet ones that Chris Able was wearing, does anyone know where to get the headset type ones?

You may as well get the Blueant helmet ones as helmets will be compulsary next year :angry:

My mistake you are considering it :rolleyes:

are you going to consider doing away with winch sale's ;)

i think both would be a step forward in safety for our sport

I am reviewing all the feedback with careful consideration.

Are you saying that you would welcome helmets despite your ANGRY smiley?

I am reviewing all the feedback with careful consideration.

Are you saying that you would welcome helmets despite your ANGRY smiley?

Some people might moan but a lot more seem to be going that way for the conveience of the head set coms, Like any new rules , not every one will agree,

Carl.

I'm just thinking of wearing a helmet anyway even if its not in the rules, the number of times you pick up the odd knock etc it would be nice to have one on, plus you could run headfirst into all that blackthorn and not worry as much!

Added to that the amount of times vehicles were falling over the added protection would be useful if you were close to one........

Speaking as a regular event marshal, there are times when the gob full of abuse you stand to get from a competitor makes it preferable to avoid telling them at the time. I am sure that nobody mentioned in this thread would do so, of course. :)

Chris

Yep i understand that view but i would of hoped that by nature of the people picked to be marshalls that they have the self confidence to inform the competitor at the time.

There is no need for competitors to be abuse back and if they are they will soon find a lack of people interested in marshalling.