New Admins.

Happyoldgit

Following on from Les's desire and request to step back from his administration role to concentrate on moderating, after much discussion and a poll of the current A&M's I can now announce that we have two new admins:

Tony Cordell (White90) & Chris Watts (GBMUD).

Trev & Geoff will continue to administer the technical side of things and I'm not going anywhere ...meaning I will remain an administrator & moderator.

The new moderator selection thread is about to close so we will then be moving onto selection phase.

Many thanks Les for all your hard work and effort for and on behalf of this forum right from the beginning, without you it would not be half the place it is.

Steve.

Admin & Mod.

Hey Steve,

I would hope i'm not alone in not being sure what the admins role is on a forum- I guess its not a technical admin role (like making sure the PCs work right). I have a reasonable idea what a mod gets up to, but what extra work does an admin have to do?

Sounds like extra work in any case so respect to Tony and Chris for stepping forward and thanks to Les for the work already put in.

I'd assumed it was their own internal Stasi. They kept an eye on what the mods did. A bit like a self audit. Plus had first dibs on the finger buffet at the A + M Xmas party :P:P

My take.

More to do with liaising with our suppliers and dealing with new membership requests,

there are Technical admins also who deal with the board set up and functioning.

Less to do with moderation unless you are assigned to a particular sub section.

Of which I have dropped along with others moving on, hence the need for a few new mods.

but can be available to assist any moderator as and when required.

I believe they say "assumption is the mother of all f*ups" don't they?

Tony has summed it up well. Admins do all the stuff none of the normal users are aware of but which needs to be done to make the forum work. Moderators moderate. Either have the ability to jump on anything highly objectionable and remove it from the forum asap if needed.

As the others have said it's mostly a button pushing role, validating new members, shooing dodgy types away and generally keeping an overview of what's going on (that's the bit I like to do anyway).

Tony and Chris don't know yet but it also makes you instantly attractive and irresistible to every voluptuous and available young lady you meet ...or maybe it's just my natural charisma ;)

Well the announcements all sounds like good news.

Having met both Tony and Chris, I think they are excellent choices.

A big thanks to Les for his work (and the mods of course..) in getting the board to where it is now so we can all enjoy it and benefits from it existence.

Neil

I'd assumed it was their own internal Stasi. They kept an eye on what the mods did. A bit like a self audit. Plus had first dibs on the finger buffet at the A + M Xmas party :P:P

Didn`t they want you then Walfy!!?? :unsure::unsure: