SVX Defenders

tuko

I counted half a dozen of them in the storage shed on Friday night. I think the roll cage pipe looks too bigger diameter for the car...out of proportion.

I also think it should have been left black......but the seats are really nice.

I'll find out what the Middle East Quota is for this model. None of them have been put in the showroom yet...but I'm sure they'll sell out quickly. The new engine hasn't gone down very well with the local market though...we've started transplanting 4.6 JED engines into them already.

what is the 4.6 JED engine?

4.6 JED is a 4.6lt Land Rover V8 petrol engine built by John Eales Develeopment in the UK. It's an engine building and tuning company who turn out quality work and nicely breathed on motors.

Mark Adams does the re-mapping on the ECU to add better torque HP and fuel consumption. Usual output is around 300 lbs and 280hp for a JED engine after marks finished with it.

That's a good price - I bet a brand new one is twice that...

I was told that you could buy a brand new discovery3 engine for about £2000 from LR.

I guess that you would still need to purchase engine loom and ecu.

I have been lead to belive ancilaries (turbo, starter) are included.

Well for the price, i think you can do a lot with all the after market parts avaliable. Could put a LRX grill on a normal 90 and have a nice hood and cage fitted.

My effort for the summer cost me probably less than 1% of what a SVX would cost me, fair enough I had the land rover already, but that is the beauty of them as they are so changerable, could probably fit some scooby seats and it would look similar. Fair enough it wouldn't be prestige as the 60th edition but if its too ice it wont be used for what its meant for, incase it gets damaged or stolen, You don't see that many 50th version on the off road scene post-550-1228319543_thumb.jpg

post-550-1228319567_thumb.jpg

Jon

• 3 weeks later...

I was offered to choose from the soft top and the hard top. It was a tough decision, but I settled down for the hard top SVX.

The soft top looks ugly with the top on(specially from the back side). Plus its about 23% more expensive than the hard top one.

2 seats only against 4 seats with the hard top. And don't get me started noisy soft top.

I believe I made the right choice choosing the hard top SVX.

Let me know what you guys think

Cheers

There are 3 located in singapore.

The 110 CSW which went for $200k SGD, the 90 Hard Top and the 90 Soft Top. Think the soft top is already sold.

the 110 was imported by the dealership while the 90s were parallel imports. might have been pre-reg and then de-reg from the UK for export.

Having had the 'pleasure' of wrestling with a SVX softop I would personally like to meet the person who signed that particular design off. The sort of job you only do once! Stick with the Badger hood!

It's a piece of cake once you've done it once. Just make sure you've got 10 mins set aside to put on, about 5 on the way off. It's suprisingly waterproof as well!

Mark.

I had to look twice at the soft top model - An external roll cage on a standard road going vehicle and the soft top at the rear is utterly, utterly naff looking. What were they thinking.

The grill on both models is an insult to potential owners as it is so obviously an 'add-on'.

Anyway just my opinion but its all very desperate and embarrasing if thats as good as the 'styling' department can offer.

Thanks Streaky for the figures from you part of the planet. ;)

I wonder why that 90 is parked up in a garage? Is it sold already and waiting delivery.

With 2009 around the corner and Land Rover being 61 years old, will there be a fire sale on all the unsold SVX's :huh:

Todd.

Nah Mike street will buy them all up like he has done with all the specials that land rover come out with. He has loads of 5oth 90's ,G4's , The green anvery one 90 and 110 and tomb raider ones. He ends up buying what land rover have left over

Although when i was walking around Gaydon with him at the 60th he told me he is now the biggest buyer of land rovers in the world . So i bet he gets a good price for them :rolleyes:

Saw a 110 in a dealership in Brisbane . Cost A$10,000 more than a standard 110. But can't get the 90's here which annoys them as they could sell bucket loads of soft top 90's here. Would be a real competition to the jeep wrangler soft top, which there are loads of here

Not sure about the headlight surrounds :huh: but I'm happy to cherry-pick ideas from it...

I'd be interested to see how they've got the internal-external cage through the soft top if anyone wanders past one with a camera? Its something I'd love to add to mine if/when I go back to it as a daily drive but my cage causes headaches for the off-the-shelf hood manufacturers.

The SVX roll cage is made by Breed Group in Luton, you can find them through Google and they will sell stuff direct (though not geard up to really so no credit card payment, etc). They also make quite a lot of other stuff for LR like chequer plate kits (including black G4 stuff), NAS rear tow step and roof racks.