I'll ask as I simply don't know - Advice needed

@cos I can do the guessing :lol:

OK

Have bought a truck cab, all complete VVVVV good cond, no dings dents etc, in white

Early one, and complete with headlinning, I did think of replacing it with a new one

:rofl: £s yeah ££s right....££ forget t£hat,000

The roof headlinning is the earlt "Fluffy" type, and its absolutely disgusting, looks

as tho it was owned by Mr Trebous who then buried it, and then it was dug up specially for me

on purchase

Absolutely filthy dirty plus fag nicotine etc etc, but solid and complete

so the Q for all is - best way to clean ?

I have had suggested squirt all over with Vanish carpet cleaner and then "Gently powerwash" ??

Any better known solutions ?

Before I wreck it with a powerwash ? :blink:

Nige

Its aldeay out and complete :)

What happended when you power washed it ? :blink:

It cleaned up ok and dried off it the garage.

I don't know if you have ever pressure washed your drive/patio? About 6 weeks later it goes a nice green colour! I think the pressure and detergent makes the surface porous and nice for new algae to move in. (a mate of mine once pressure washed all the woodwork on his house and the garage door, 2 months later it looked like a horror film set)

Anyway, I think you can guess what happened to the headlining.

When I bought my old 90 it was straight off the farm and the whole interior, including the headlining was foul. Rather than trying to clean the headlining as I'd heard all the tales of paper mache etc I just painted it in grey primer - freshened it up nicely and lasted quite well.

Everything else including the seat was replaced

RRC headlining looks like compacted papier mache too and I pressure washed mine with no probs - I did it on a hot day so it dried quickly - it was (and is) fine. I haven't got round to painting it yet, but when I do it will be white vinyl silk with a hint of peach ;):huh:

I have always found that biological washing powder/liquid is good - the liquid is better as it dissolves easily. Go for the non-colour versions as they contain bleaching agents also. You can leave it to soak for an hour or so (to let the enzymes do their stuff) and scrub from time to time with a stiff brush. It may take a few applications, but my seats came up a treat after this treatment.

Jon

dont bother, as soon as you get any liquid near it , it will fall apart , just get some old english white spray paint and dust it over a few times, used to use this method when in the trade, any use of solvents will bugger the glue , so be gentle .

atb

BOW..

I steam clean the full interior of defenders everyweek (land rover traders family)

i steam cleaned the headlining in my defender and all the glue went on holiday instantly - I now have a saggy headlining in various parts of my interior... reminds me of a rangie classic!