CD Player on a Slant

draper40

If you get a unit that works off memory devices rather than CD you can mount it at any angle, doesn't suffer from jumping or skipping and the media is physically smaller but you can store more music on it than you can on a CD.

I bought a cheap unit (as I fully expect it to end up underwater at some point) for my comp motor, it takes either a USB stick or an SD card, I've never used the CD on it.

Hopefully someone will produce one like mine that doesn't have the CD option so they can make it a lot shorter so it'll be easier to fit in.

If you get a unit that works off memory devices rather than CD you can mount it at any angle, doesn't suffer from jumping or skipping and the media is physically smaller but you can store more music on it than you can on a CD.

As above - why I have mine.

Even the ones that "work" on an angle work less well in my experience, and the roads here are such that in a Defender a lot of them are getting a bit grumpy after a year or two so I use a USB memory stick which does everything and will store about a dozen albums. I'm not sure if there is a size limit on the memory sticks that in car units can use but if you get one of the 8GB types and fill it with MP3s that is about as much music as anybody needs :)