sign6.gifsign16.gifsign25.gifsign30.gifsign31.gif

I managed to figure out the significance of all but the 2nd :(

This one has a different significance, I voted nothing so I failed it:

sign11.gif

So 28 out of 30.

from the left

overhead power cables

dual carriageway goes from 2 seperate directional lanes to normal road [2 lane]

HR = holiday route, the advisable route for holiday traffic to keep it out of town/village centres

2 lane road divider markings used over here on wider roads

red route no parking road side markings seen in London on the main route roads

the black diagonal on white is the UK national speed limit for roads & dual carriageways/motorways. 60 or 70mph depending on road type.

Thanks Ralph.

The only question I had was about the no parking red lines. I suppose they are doubled by no parking or no stopping regular traffic signs, aren't they? Otherwise how would one know he's not supposed to park/stop when there's snow on the ground? Not that it snows too often there ...

29/30. I said that the double white line was no overtaking, apparently it means you may not straddle it. I had to bone up on this about three years ago for the theory test as part of the motorbike test. HR was a lucky guess though, as was the broken cross hatching.

Chris

I think the third one means 'Danger, Human Resources ahead, you may get retrenched' :)

Did the test, got 0/30 which seems to mean that coppers don't understand the difference between M$ software and Firefox. Werl, you never did expect the polis IT departments to know what they are doing, did you?

I mean, I'm in IT but know nothing about hitting people on the head with truncheons. So why should they know about IT?

Thanks Ralph.

The only question I had was about the no parking red lines. I suppose they are doubled by no parking or no stopping regular traffic signs, aren't they? Otherwise how would one know he's not supposed to park/stop when there's snow on the ground? Not that it snows too often there ...

Yes, the red or yellow no parking lines are always paired with the required info signs on poles at various points along the red or yellow lines areas of use, we also have single yellow lines that have signs giving times of no parking/waiting' normally no parking between 7am to 7pm for example.

Cor the coding on that is very flaky. It gave me a score of 16 on my first go and said I had all sorts of wrong answers even though they were correct.

The next time I refreshed and tried it again it gave me a score of 0.

And if you keep on pressing submit, it adds your score cumulatively.

On my 3rd go it finally gave me the correct score (according to the answers I gave on my first go) of 28 out of 30

I hope they didn't pay much to have that written.